Chapter 6

I opened my eyes groggily, examining my surroundings. Zach was next to me, laying on his stomach with his face on his pillow and his arms under it, his hair a mess and his face calm with sleep. I was on my side facing him, my leg thrown over his torso and my arm accross his shoulders.

I smiled as i rolled over, pulling myself off of him and looking at my bed. Lanie's hair was hanging over the side and she was asleep. Dylan was at the foot of the bed, laying accross it sleeping. I sighed and stood up.

I walked to my dresser, ready to get my clothes and get a shower. I opened the first drawer and a piece of paper fell to the floor. I bent over, a little too fast, picking it up and was careful to stand up carefully.

I opened the piece of paper, not sure what to expect to see inside it.

' Annsley,

I dropped you guys off. I hope you had fun last night. Hit me up sometime, we'll do it again.

X, Parker'

I sighed, tossing the note back ontop of my dresser and grabbing the clothes for a run. I changed quickly, throwing my hair up and putting my phone in the arm band as it played motivating music. I stretched and began running, loosing track of time, distance, and everything else that should have mattered.

I wasn't sure why it mattered that parker hadn't left a phone number or an address. I was attracted to him, I knew I was, but I knew from the very beggining that he hadn't been attracted to me. I knew that he wasn't into me like that and I knew that he wasn't gonna try to be anything if he wasn't into me.

I tried my best to clear my head as I ran, concentrating on other things.

I made it home and checked my phone. I had ran five miles. I sighed, wipeing sweat from my fore head as I walked into the house and grabbed a bottle of advil out of the cabinet and a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

I walked up the stairs and to the bathroom.

i didn't even bring clothes, I just turned the water on and let it wash over my skin, relaxing my muscles in my neck and back as I rubbed the sponge over my body, closing my eyes and sighing deeply.

There was a knock at the door and then it opened. I laughed once when Zach came in, going to the toilet and picking up the seat. I rolled my eyes.

It wasn't unusual for him to be in the bathroom while I was taking a shower or doing other things, we just didn't think anything about it. He was attractive, but he was like my older brother. I knew it would never develop into anything more.

I turned the water off and smiled when a towel was flung over the glass door as I stepped out, missing the comfort of the hot shower water hitting my body as I wrapped the towel around my dripping body and sighed, walking to the sink and takin my tooth brush from the holder, spreading tooth paste on the bristles after getting it wet and then dipping it back under the faucet.

We brushed our teeth side by side, as we had many times before and then walked to my bedroom.

I began to get dressed and begin my every day hair care routine as Zach opened his drawer and pulled out a pair of bermuda shorts and a clean t shirt.

I smiled at him as he came up behind me. He gripped my butt cheek in his hand and I rolled my eyes, knowing he was joking as I kept blow drying my hair.

Everyone was up and moving by now, no one feeling ery great.

I picked up my phone, opening a text from my Gramma. 'Girls day?'

I smiled and replied. 'Sure. I'll be over in an hour. Be ready.'

I finished blowdrying my hair and straightened it, tossing in a silver head band and looked in the mirror. I was wearing dark wash American Eagle Jeggings and a white flowy tanktop and white gladiaters.

I sighed to myself as I looked at Zach. Everyone else had left nut him. He was sitting on my bed looking at his phone.

"I'm goin' to my grandparents house if ya wanna ride so you can grab the 'stang." I offered, picking up my bag as I walked towards the door.

He stood up and followed me.

When we got in the car I buckled my seat belt and Zach found something on the radio.

"Alright, start talkin'." I said, reachong over and turning the radio down as I pulled out of the driveway.

"That girl I was talkin' to." He said, rubbing his eyes. "Her name was Kathy. Well, last night she texted me and told me she didn't wanna be anything more than friends because she knew how I was. Apparently Dealer, the guy from Lorac told her I brought a different girl in there every few nights."

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. I knew that he had really had a thing going for Kathy, he made it no secret to me, he didn't make anything a secret to me.

"I'm sorry babe, if it makes you feel better I'm gonna die alone." I said, shrugging my shoulders as I turned off of my street.

"An, you're blind." He said, laughing once and rolling his eyes as He leaned the seat back.

"I'm not blind Zach." I said, playfully smacking his arm.

"Well, you're blind to some things. Like the fact that guys fall all over themselves for you." He said, shaking his head.

"Trust me, no one's fallin' all over themselves for me anytime soon. If they were I think I'd be the first to know." I said, grabbing my sunglasses from the holder above my head.

"Whatever." He said, leaning over to help me put on my sunglasses.

"So, tomorrow I've got lunch free." I said, knowing he'd take the offer.

"Okay. I'll meet you at Chipotle." He said, throwing his arm over his face and closing his eyes.

When I pulled into the drive way we both got out and walked towards the door.

Gramma met me on the porch, hugging Zach and kissing my cheek before we headed to the car.

I hugged Zach before opening my door. He walked towards his mustang, throwing a "Love you." over his shoulder which I returned happily. I was about to get in the car when another car blocked me in.

I sighed as the Orange and black Dodge Charger switched off.

Carson stepped out, dark sunglasses over his eyes, his shaggy hair meeting the rims, and a gray t-shirt on. He wore tan cargo shorts and a pair of sandles.

"Hey Con." He said, hugging my gramma.

"Hey honey. Who's car is that?" She asked, raising an eye brow at him.

"Oh, my friend from work. He needed my truck for something so I took his car." He said, looking toward the car.

"You think you can move it? We're about to leave." I said, running a hand through the front of my hair to move it from my face.

"Sure, I've gotta get to, uh, somewhere anyways." He said, nodding his head at me.

We got in the car and when he moved out I followed.

"Okay, so where do ya wanna go first?" I asked, pulling down the street.

"I need a pedicure, let's go to Starbucks then get those."