Chapter One

Darkness was all she could see at first. She saw nothing but heard everything.

"The first four raptors are thriving well. Owen seems to be bonding with them at an extraordinary rate."

"Doctor Wu, do you really think making more raptors is a good idea?"

"We have room in the budget. These animals would make wonderful test subjects. We need their blood to make our next creation."

She wiggled in the small space.

"Doctor, they're hatching!"

"Excellent. Get Owen and his apprentice."

The strange voices were distracting. She found it difficult to break out of the darkness.

Cracking echoed through the darkness, followed by a shriek.

"Hello little one."

Two more followed suit.

She shook and shook but it was no use. Finally, She stretched her neck up, ready to call for help. Her nose hit something. It felt like a thin wall. She hit her snout against it again, only harder this time. The shell made a small cracking sound. She repeated the action again and again until light poured in.

She stretched her neck again and the top of the egg came off.

"Owen, look!"A woman with dark hair and green eyes smiled. "She made it. And look at those colours. She kind of looks like Blue."

"We made her with the DNA of a Amblyodipsas Teitana." Doctor Wu paused,"It's a purple snake."

The woman smiled, "She'd beautiful."

"Alright Monica. You want to name your pack?" A man standing with the doctor and Monica asked.

"Really Owen? I get to name them?"

"You're working with them, so yeah."

Monica squealed."The oldest is going to be Alpha, then Beta, Omega, and this little cutie," she rubbed under the small raptor's face, "She will be Violet."

Violet cried out. Her sisters responded, assuring her they were there too.