Chapter Three

Time passed and at first Violet and her sisters got to play with Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie quite a bit. But as the eight grew older, their play times became fewer and fewer.

Blue and her sisters were moved to an enclosure outside the lab's training facility and farther away from the public.

Violet and her sisters grew bigger, stronger, and faster, but they never once stepped outside.

Mommy-Melody walked into the training room with other fleshies. One of them wore white, two were in all black, and the last one had red hair and seemed out of place; she was well dressed and seemed to walk around with her nose stuck in the air.

Violet watched the group through the chain fence. Mommy-Melody had been observing them behind that fence more lately and playing with them directly less and less.

"How are they?" The man in white asked.

"Well, they're going a bit stir-crazy, doctor. They need time outside to stretch their legs," Mommy-Melody replied. "I think they're ready for some real tactical training like Owen's raptors. They're ready to learn how to hunt for real."

He shook his head. "No, that's not in the cards for these animals. They weren't created for the military like the others. I created them to help with my work."

Mommy-Melody frowned. "What do you mean?"

The red-haired lady responded, "What Doctor Wu is saying is that the park is developing a new attraction and we need samples from your raptors. We need to test them." She then smiled sweetly, "by the way; I don't believe we met; I'm Clair,"

"I don't care who you are," Mommy melody looked at Violet, then at the people. "I'm not letting you do that to my raptors.

"Sorry Melody, but they aren't your raptors. And since your apprentice is nearly up, I'm moving you to another sector of the park. I'm thinking you would be a great accept with working with the T-Rex," Clair said slowly.

The two men in black took weapons out and pointed them at Alpha and Omega.

Violet stiffened. What were those strange things? What was happening? Why did Mommy-Melody look so upset? What did all those words mean? Who were these people and why were they upsetting Mommy-Melody?

Two shots fired and Alpha and Omega fell to the ground. Mommy-Melody let out a scream.

One of the men pointed their weapon at Violet, and she dashed towards them. She and Beta both jumped onto the chain fence, trying to breakthrough. They bit at the mettle and shook the fencing. Voices called out, but they didn't sound panicked.

"Shoot them already," the doctor said inpatient.

Mommy-Melody was sobbing and being Escorted out by the cruel Clair woman.

The weapons fired again, and Violet felt a pain in her underbelly. Her body felt tingly, and the world around her began to spin. Her grip on the fence released and blackness overtook her before she even felt the ground.

***

The air around Violet was different; colder. The space she was in felt small, almost claustrophobic. It smelt off too; like chemicals and decay.

When Violet opened her eyes, it took a moment to get used to the bright lights. As her eyes adjusted, she saw small creatures in class cases. Her stomach growled.

"Don't bother," Omega's voice rang out, "I already tried. We seem to be in some sort of confined space."

Violet's gaze went to her sister, who was in a metal looking box with bars. She saw Beta and Alpha were also in the same sort of contraption. It wasn't until then that Violet looked around and noticed the same cold box around herself. What was going on? Where was her Mommy-Melody?

Footsteps echoed from the other side of a door. A beep sounded, and the door opened. His scent filled the room — the man in white.

The doctor walked over to the four of them and grinned. "Oh good, you're all awake." He focused on violet, "I was worried the dosage they gave you might have been too much." Was he directing that comment right at her?

"Now listen," He continued. "This arrangement is simple; you give me what I need with no issues, and you get to live. Easy as that." He gestured a couple of scientists over, "Get a blood sample from each one of them."

A man apprenticed Violet's cage. Violet hissed and growled as the strange man took a long-pointed object out of his briefcase.

"This will only pinch a bit," he said.

The sound of Beta's cry of pain set Violet off. She lunged at the man when he reached into the cage with the strange object in hand. She latched onto his arm with her mouth, digging her teeth into his flesh. The man yelled in pain, and the others came to his aid. They tugged on him, but Violet fought back, ripping his arm from his body.

A sharp pain shot into Violet's Leg. She looked down to find a dark with a red puffy end. She world began to spin again.

"Violet?" Alpha asked with concern.

"Don't feed that one for the next three days. See if she's still got some fight in her after that," the doctor ordered one of the other men.

Violet didn't break eye contact with the doctor, even though the smell and taste of blood were distracting. She wanted to devourer the arm she'd taken or watch her pray as he hollered for help and to get him to a hospital. But she fought those urges to keep an eye on the Doctor until her world went black yet again.