Lorenzo: hey is everything going okay?

Me: yeah everything's fine, the girls are asleep
.............

Lorenzo: oh, so what are you doing? How's the baby?
............

Me: Amelia is fine
....

Lorenzo: not Amelia my unborn child

He asked and I got confused there for a moment then I remembered that he played a prank on me saying that he didn't use any condom. I can tell he's smirking.
...................

Me: the baby is fine too
........

Lorenzo: good to know so did you take a pregnancy test???

Me: no not yet

Lorenzo: Ok, enough about that now tell me what are you wearing under those shorts.

He asked and I smirked then texted him back
....

Me: nothing
....

Lorenzo: fuck ariya, what are you trying to do.
............

Me: I'm also lying in your bed naked
.....

Lorenzo: If I was there you wouldn't be able to walk the next day

Me: goodnight Lorenzo

I wanted to laugh so hard but I couldn't. I turned the phone off then placed it down on the nightstand. I closed my eyes and darkness consumed me.
~~~

It was in the middle of the night I woke up when I heard Amelia crying on the baby monitor. I groaned out then slowly crawled out of baby. Her crying got louder and I picked up my speed. "I'm coming baby" I said as I left the room and ran down the hall to the nursery. When I got to the room Amelia was crying her eyes so.

"Shush, mommy is here" I said then leaned over to pick her up. Realization hit me "did I just say mommy? I must be really tired" I said as I gently bounce the baby to quiet her down. Yes Mia always calls me mommy but I was never the one to initiate it, this is the first and it's probably because I'm tired.

"It's okay baby" I cooed but she still kept on crying. "Let me check if you need a diaper change" I said as I walked over to the changing table, I placed her down then quickly checked her. She was clean, maybe she's hungry. I picked her up then left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I quickly prepare a bottle for her then placed it towards her mouth but she turned her head and continued to cry. I sighed as I started feeling overwhelmed, I didn't know what to do. "Ames what's wrong?" I asked and she looked up at me while bawling her eyes out. I really didn't want her to wake Mia. I went back upstairs to the guest room where I sleep. I tried bouncing her a few more times but it was just putting me to sleep, so I climb into bed then laid her on my chest and slowly started to make circles into her back while singing a lullaby. She yawned and then her eyes slowly began to close. I continued to do so for a few minutes and she finally fell asleep. I wonder what was bothering her?

I tried standing up so I could get her back to the nursery but she started getting fussy again so I laid her down beside me then placed the pacifier in her mouth. "Good night sweet baby" I cooed then pecked her forehead.
~~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered and I looked around the room. It was morning already and I'm still pretty exhausted. I heard baby noise coming from Amelia and I turned my gaze to her. She was chewing on her fingers and toes, she looked at me then gave me a gummy smile. "Aren't you adorable? Did you get a nice nap?" I asked as I picked her up then placed a kiss on drooling face. " I didn't get a wink of sleep" I said and she laughed. I smiled then placed her down on the bed but she started crying again so I picked her up.