Tracker

She sat in a chair with a rope around her waist. Her head was pounding. She was in her own world until she heard voices.

"Das Mädchen? Lebt sie?" A deep voice spoke.

Lena put her head up. "What? Is that even English?" She asked.

"No." The man with the deep voice spoke.

A man with a higher voice started to speak, "Jawohl."

The man with the deeper voice turned to the other, "Ich Kenne." he turned away and mumbled, "Blödmann."

"Can you guys please speak English? It would make this more intimidating if I knew what you were saying." Lena said.

The man with the deeper voice looked at her. "Why do you have this disc?" He held up a disc that had the word "micro" written in sharpie. 

She scoffed, "It was a friends."

"Who are these men that are on the video?" His German accent was thick and hard to understand. 

"I don't know." She spoke.

"Fine," He threw the disc at the wall and it shattered.

Lena chuckled, "Like I care, that disc was trash anyways."

The man with the deeper voice gave a hand signal to the other man. He grabbed a knife that was sitting on the counter and placed it over Lena's throat.

"I will ask again. Who are the men on this video?" The man said. 

Lena sighed knowing that this information wouldn't get them anywhere. "The man getting tortured was just a person who knew too much."

"And the man who shot him?"

"Frank Castle... but he's dead now."

The knife that the man had to her throat was cutting deeper and deeper the more she spoke but she didn't dare to flinch. 

The man with the deeper voice spoke to the other, "Come, we must leave Berlin. Pack your bags." The man with the higher voice stared at him. "Schnell!"

He removed the knife from Lena's throat, "Okay Scott."

Scott used his deep voice towards the man with the higher voice. "You fucked it all up." He raised a gun to the man and shot him in the forehead.

Lena chuckled, "That video was nothing. That disc was important six months ago but not anymore. Good luck finding what you're looking for... Scott." 

Scott looked at Lena then punched her resulting in a bloody nose. He did it again, giving her a small black eye. Then, he hit her on the head with his pistol knocking her unconscious. He slipped the bag over her head and carried her to a van. Off to America, they went.

~

She woke up in a van. The doors were wide open and it sounded like everyone was outside. She got out, making sure her body was on high alert. Once the area was clear she ran. She heard yelling but she didn't dare to stop.

A gunshot ripped through the early morning silence. It punctured her waist and she slowed for a second but continued until she got to safety.

She ran until she got to a highway. She took a breath of relief that there were normal people around her.

She walked to the highway's exit and held up a thumb. Only seconds later a man in his 50s pulled up in a white Honda Civic. Lena went in the backseat and buckled up.

Once the car started moving the man turned to Lena. "I'm Larry."

"I'm Ally." She mumbled as she stared out the window.

"Where do you need a ride to?" He asked trying not to take his eyes off the road.

She thought for a second, "The nearest motel would be nice, thank you."

He gave a smile, "No problem." He looked back at her and his smile faded into a troubled look, "Are you ok? It looks like your bleeding on your throat."

Lena quickly thought of an explanation, "It's just makeup, I just came from a play." She gave a reassuring smile and turned back to the window.

"Oh. Well here's the motel. Have safe travels." He gave another smile as she got out of his car.

"Thank you," she said then started closing the door but was stopped.

Larry pointed to the back seat, "There's a coat in the back, you can take it if you want."

She grabbed the coat and shut the door. As Larry's car drove off Lena looked at his license plate. The word Wisconsin shocked her as she couldn't think why Scott had wanted to take her here. As Lena was walking to find a bathroom she spotted a tall man with a black hoodie walking to the bar.

She ignored it and found a bathroom. She entered and looked at herself in the mirror, her neck had a horizontal line of dry blood it was also obvious that her nose was bleeding. She grabbed a paper towel and cleaned the dry blood off along with the minimal amount of dirt.

She took her shirt off and ripped it into three pieces. She looked at the gunshot wound. It was still bleeding but all she could do was wrap her shirt around it. She zipped up the jacket that Larry had given her so that her bra wouldn't show. Luckily, the jacket was black so it hid the blood a lot more than any other color.

She left the bathroom and heard the music from the bar across the street. She walked there and tried to blend in as she threw her hoodie over her head. 

She sat down at the bar, "Anything to drink?" A bartender had asked her. 

"Just a coke." The bartender turned away and poured the soda into a cup. 

He handed her the cup then walked away to help another customer. Before Lena could face the band a man sat on the stool next to her. 

"Hey missy, what's your name?" His breath smelled of whiskey and his words were starting to slur.

Lena sighed, "Ally." She turned to the band and started seeing a fight start in the middle of the crowd. 

"Your verrrryy pretty." He said over the music and the chattering.

She glanced at him, he was fighting to stay conscious. "Thank you." She gave a polite smile and turned her attention to the crowd that started to form a circle. 

Moments later the crowd ran out of the bar. The fight was now in her view and she could see a famailiar man, "Frank?" She mumbled.

The man in front of Lena was too drunk to relize that the crowd was gone. "Are you here with someone missy? I hope not because I want you to be mine tonight." He set his hand on Lena's thigh, one of her trigger spots. 

Her attention was directed to him. She stood up and dragged the man to a stand. She grabbed his hair and slammed his head on the bar table. She continuously smashed his head until it was a pile of brains. 

Before Franks attention could be directed to her she left the bar and waited outside in the nervous crowd. 

Once Frank got out of the bar he was dragging a girl by her coat. They were walking to the motel. Lena made sure to keep her distance, she also made sure to hide her bloodied face.

~

She had waited for a couple of hours until she was sure that Frank was asleep. She opened the window and was glad to see there wasn't a screen on it. She jumped in the room and turned on the light. 

This immediately woke Frank up. He reached for a knife on the nightstand but put it down once he regonized Lena's face.

"Damn Frank, I would've thought you would try to keep your record clean. But I'm obviously wrong considering your thing is capturing girls and tieing them to a bed now." Lena shook her head, "Six months really changed you didn't it?"