Soldier

Chapter song: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring

David and Lena watched Frank and his friend through the city security cameras. Lena put her face closer to the screen, "He looks familiar. Can you pull up his record?"

David pulled up another window and searched Billy Russo's name. There were hundreds of other records to choose from but after narrowing it down by some basic information, David was able to find the right Billy Russo.

"Looks like he was in Hell's Kitchen Orphanage since he was eight. Wait, wasn't that the orphanage you were in?" David looked to Lena who had shock plastered on her face.

Her daze started to fade, "Y-yea, I'm pretty sure I know who he is now."

~

Frank came back and it was obvious he was exhausted but that didn't stop David, "Frank. Lena knows who Billy is. Ya know, your friend." Lena sat in the kitchen while Frank's attention was peaked.

"How do you know Billy?" Frank asked Lena.

Lena sighed, took a sip of her coffee and started, "We were placed in the orphanage together. Once we met we clicked. He was my only friend through those tough years. But he got adopted before I did and that was the last I saw him."

Frank shrugged his shoulders and went into the kitchen where Lena and David were sitting.

"I have a plan, we need to attack Colonel Morty Bennett." Frank pulled out a map, "I was thinking we enter through the side of the military base he's staying at. David can drive the drone around to make sure my paths are clear."

David nodded his head even though he felt uneasy about the situation. "Where am I in this plan?" Lena asked.

"You're not," Frank replied.

Lena nodded her head no, "Nope, I don't think you understand how useful I can be. Just give me a chance Frank." She looked around at the boys and David stared at Frank with pleading eyes. 

"Frank, if anything she can stay in the van with me." David offered. 

A moment of silence began as Lena and David stared at Frank waiting for a response. "Fine." He muttered. Lena had a small grin on her face.

~

The van was parked near the border of the military base. As David was getting his drone set up Frank was getting his gear on. Lena sat and watched how determined they were.

"Ok, I'm going," Frank said as he opened the doors to the van.

David nodded, "Just remember, don't kill Bennett, I only need enough time to hack his phone."

Frank rolled his eyes but nodded his head in agreement.

Once the van doors were closed David turned on the drone. Lena watched as Frank ran across the field to the fence. The two watched as Frank cut the fence.

"There are two soldiers at nine o' clock," David said and they watched as Frank crouched behind a trashcan. "Clear." 

This pattern continued until Frank got to Bennett's house. David and Lena watched as Frank entered the house. At that point, all they could do was make sure the coast was clear.

After Frank was in the house for 15 minutes David spotted five men dressed in full black sneak up to the house.

"Hey Frank, five hostiles are coming up to the house," David said through the walkie talkie.

Before David could give Frank another update Lena grabbed an extra assault rife and left out the doors of the van.

Lena ran through the fields, luckily unnoticed. Once she got up to the mini-mansion she could hear the faint grunts coming from the inside. Lena went up to the tall wooden doors and found they were unlocked. She gave a slight grin and ran up the marble steps where the noises of fighting got louder. Once she reached the top of the stairs Lena was welcomed to a hallway full of doors. It was easy to know which room to go in because smoke was escaping from under the door. Lena opened the door and the noises stopped. She looked around to see two lasers looking for something to lock onto. Lena was careful with her steps as she approached a laser.

She saw a man dressed in black aiming his gun at Frank who was holding another soldier in a headlock. Just as the man Frank had in his grasp collapsed to the ground Lena killed the man in front of her who had his finger on the trigger.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Frank said with aggression in his tone.

Lena straightened up as if she was an alpha, "I'm here to help because I knew you needed it."

Frank shook his head, "No, go back to the van, I can't watch over you."

"If I go back to the van I'll get caught. Plus, you don't have to watch over me, I can take care of myself." She went up to a window and broke it. "More are coming." Frank got in front of Lena and led the way to a tunnel. Frank had hoped he didn't have to kill any soldiers but Lena had hoped that she would earn Franks trust.

A soldier came running down the tunnel but stopped quickly once he saw Frank. The kid froze then acted, "Drop the gun and put your hands behind your back." Luckily he didn't see Lena who was hiding behind the corner.

"Look kid I'm gonna pass right through, do what you think is the right thing." Frank showed as much confidence as he walked past the soldier.

The soldier thought for a moment, "Stop right there and put your weapon down." 

Before Frank could turn around Lena had shot the kid and ran past Frank, "C'mon, more are probably coming soon."