Chapter 10: Thank You for Lighting My Darkened Soul

Y/N

The boy shot his gun again, but David, now fuelled by the adrenaline from his rage, dodged the bullet instantly and crashed into Y/N, smashing him through a tree before launching himself into the air as Y/N slid across the ground and plunged towards him. At the last second, Y/N rolled backwards before the four tendrils pierced into the dirt ground he was once on, further proving that David had the utmost intention to kill.

However, he didn't get a chance to recover as David immediately swung his two extended green tendrils into the side of Y/N's body, sending him crashing through a tree from the sudden force and into a new area of the USJ since they were battling near the forest's edge.

Mina: *Worried and reaching her hand out* NO! Y/N!

Slowly getting up, Mina made her way to the forest's edge where Y/N and David passed through, climbing a nearby tree since she was still recovering from her injuries. While on top of a branch, she looked ahead to see the two boys staring eachother down.

Y/N: *Glaring* You know, I almost pity you for siding with them.

David: Don't you dare lecture me, you quirkless loser! HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET HERE?!BETTER YET, WHY?!

Y/N: Honestly... I have no idea. But, *He clenches his fist* I do know the reason why!

David: *Combining his four tendrils into their yellow forms, angered* And that would be...?

All of a sudden, Y/N started sprinting towards David, drawing his revolver and aiming it at him.

Y/N: TO PROTECT THOSE WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE; THOSE WHO MADE A DIFFERENCE TO ME!

Y/N went to pull the trigger, but before he could do so, a flurry of bullets fired and collided against the ground in front of him, stopping him in his tracks before he suddenly got knocked to the ground. He looked up to see multiple villains surrounding him, most likely attracted from the loud gunshot from earlier. David stood unusually still as the villains circled Y/N, normally he would've wanted to fight him himself but he grew quite curious to see how well Y/N would fare against them.

David: I suppose I could let you all have your way with him. *Turning around with a wave* Just don't accidentally kill him. Other than that... good luck!

He walked away as the villains slowly approached Y/N. Mina fearfully watched from the tree line, not knowing what was going to happen next.

Mina: *Shouting* No, no, no, no! NO, Y/N! GET UP! GET UP!

As the girl called out helplessly to him, Y/N groaned as he laid upon the ground, wondering what had hit him. But through a mere blink of his eyes he found that his vision had turned completely black, like he had completely shut his eyes but still felt as if they were open. Which they were.

Y/N: *Confused* W-what the hell?

He noticed that he could move his body, so he quickly stood up. There was nothing but pure darkness around him, just Y/N and the sound of his own voice. In fact, it was quite reminiscent of what happened to him earlier.

Y/N: Hello? Is anyone here? What's going on?!

???: *Sighs* And here you are, standing right here...

Huh?

He turned around to see his own image stare right at him, oddly looking quite sad. The replica slowly walked towards him, but its body's arms slowly began to glow red within the darkness, followed by a few red sparks erupting from its palms.

Y/N: I-it's you! What are you doing here?!

???: To fulfil my duty in this life, to make sure that you won't suffer any longer.