Chapter 3: A Night to Remember

Y/N

Y/N: *Staring at her cloths with a heavy blush* Y-yup! A-as ready as I can be!

Mina: Great! Let's go!

The two start to head off, well... Mina was dragging Y/N but the latter managed to keep up with her. Along the way, Y/N got a bit curious on what it was like to be at U.A.

Y/N: If you don't mind me asking, how was your first day at U.A? It's a very hard school to get into if I recall.

Mina: It was great actually! Though, we did have one teacher that was in a sleeping bag. But, as it turns out, he was the Pro Hero Eraserhead! Still scary though; he made us do eight tests and whoever failed got expelled!

Y/N: Expelled on the first day? That seems a bit harsh. Who was the unlucky victim?

Mina: That's where the plot twist comes in. Turns out he tricked us! It was just a way to get our game faces on.

Y/N: Well that's... good, in a way. Anything else happen?

Mina: Oh! We also have combat training in two  days time! We can finally get to test out our quirks!

Y/N: Combat training? That sounds cool, wish I was good at that stuff.

Mina: Don't worry, with practice you can become an expert!

They both continue to head on, Mina being the more excited one since Y/N was still rather nervous about the whole thing, constantly battling his social awkwardness. Eventually though, he was brought out of that thought due to Mina having an idea.

Mina: What if we have... a race!

Y/N: A-a race?

Mina: Yeah, from here to the fair entrance! It'll  get us there more quickly while we can have a bit of fun beforehand! What do you say?

Y/N: U-um... Ugh, for crying out loud Y/N just say something! S-sure, seems like a good idea, I guess.

Mina: *Cheers* Yay!

The duo line up beside eachother, getting into position while they wait for the right moment.

Mina was the one to count down.

Mina: 3... 2, 1, go!

Y/N: Hey, that isn't fair!

She laughs in response from a distance.

Mina: Better catch up if you wanna win!

Y/N: *Sigh* Life can be so weird sometimes.

I start running as fast as I can. Seeing as I'm in no position to catch up to her in a straight line, I need to take some other routes.

Y/N: Come on, come on! Where- Yes, there!

I spot an alley way that leads in the general direction of the fair, of course it isn't going to take me all the way there but it can close the distance between me and Mina. I turn left and head straight through it. It wasn't that run down mind you but it still had a couple of thrown out bags and whatnots, generally things people just throw out.

I see a fence blocking off my path but instead of turning back I attempt to get over it by climbing on a storage bin and using the extra height to get my body over it without climbing. I land on my two feet and proceed with the race.

The alley was quite the maze, lots of different paths leading to more and more irregular ones but I knew which one to take since I know which direction I'm heading in, I may be quirkless but that doesn't mean I'm not smart! Out of the possible seven paths I take the one on the right, next to the path leading straight ahead.