ʟᴇᴏᴘᴏʟᴅ ᴠᴇʀᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ || ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ

Start from the beginning

You are his last resort so he would never let it slip and he will do anything just for you to accept his invitation.

•••

"Okay!" Leopold's jaw dropped as you agreed to his proposal in an instant. He thought that it might be hard for him to persuade you but instead ー it was the actual opposite of what he presumed. He merely stared at your smiling face with a vibe of an innocent little girl.

"Y-You will c-come with me?" He asked in disbelief, and you only nodded like a kid.

"Yeah, if that's what you want... though I'm not really good at dancing," you meekly said while scratching your cheek.

Leopold's slouched body straightened up in a mere second and pumped his fist, very ecstatic that you accept his invitation.

"Don't worry, (Name)! We still have two days to practice!" He exclaimed causing you to giggle at his excitement.

"It didn't cross my mind that you're great at dancing, Leopold," you cooed to which the said guy blushed at your statement.

"I-I've been invited to a lot of parties since I was a kid! Of course, I know how to dance!" He defends.

"Of course you are, you're a royalty after all," you barely said and Leopold recognized the sullen tone in your voice. "Are you really okay with me being your partner? I'm not a royalty and... there are girls in our squad who can take my place instead and also... they are a noble just like you."

Although you're giving him a smile, he was aware that it was a forced one. It's true that there are noble's in the squad that can take your place, but it doesn't change the fact that they're just a mere comrade of his and you're the one he wants to be his partner rather than anyone else. It might be weird to everyone for Leopold to like a girl since he's not the one who can consider about loving someone due to he's engrossed of making himself to become stronger. However, to much their expectation, the aggressive and obnoxious lad that they've known had actually fallen for an innocent, strong and a commoner girl which is you.

He thought that being in love with someone was a nuisance and a hinder in his goals in life but it's actually different. It inspired him more to attain his dreams and work hard for you to acknowledge him and show off to you how manly he was. With you motivating him and would always praise him how he's so strong, he can't refrain the violent beating of his heart and the ecstasy he was feeling. It's really a pleasant sensation inside his chest and stomach.

"I don't even care if they're a noble, (Name)! You're the one whom I'd choose so quit degrading yourself and let's start practicing!" He huffed and briskly grabbed your arm, dragging you to a certain place where you two can practice.

Little did you know, Captain Fuegoleon overheard your conversation and a proud smile etched on his face.

"Goodluck, my dear brother."

As the two of you got inside a specific room where you can practice. Leopold ambled towards the middle of the massive room, looking around while his hands were on his hips. You also wandered your eyes and scanned the room; the walls were painted similar to your squad's robe, big windows in front and golden chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. The only furniture inside was the couch at the right corner with a coffee table and a single shelf.

"We can practice here." Leopold spun around to face you.

"Isn't it already obvious?" You sneered, and the flame magic-user awkwardly laugh.