Totem of Embarrassment: Dawn's POV

Начните с самого начала

"Lup lup..." Piplup patted my wet leg and pointed towards the far side of the pool. 

I turned and watched as small shadows swam from almost every corner of the pool and began to congregate towards one spot. As the small shadows compiled a hulking shape began to take form under the rippling pool's surface and I swallowed hard.

"P-piplup," I stammered nervously.

Suddenly the massive shadow tilted up and a blue and black monster jumped out of the pool. I shrieked in fear as the massive fish fell back down into the water, creating a splash so big that a stream of water hit me on top of the rock. Wiping away water from my eyes quickly I spun around, watching the huge pokemon swimming in circles around my flimsy rock. Gulping past the lump that had formed in my throat I shook my head and looked down at Piplup who had a determined expression on his little face.

"You ready, Piplup?" I asked and he nodded. "Alright then, Spotlight!" I called out loudly and Piplup dashed forward, jumping into the air and then diving into the water.

"Use Drill Peck!" I called, watching my partner slicing through the water like a knife towards the hulking shadow. 

Piplup leaped above the surface to start his beak spinning and then dove, streaking like a rocket towards the huge mass of the totem pokemon. He landed a direct hit to the pokemon's side and it jerked, but I couldn't tell if it had been hurt that bad since they were underwater. Suddenly, faster than I could believe, the pokemon whipped its head around and chomped onto Piplup's stomach.

"Piplup!" I yelled as the totem pokemon jumped out of the water and tossed Piplup away from it before crashing back into the pool. 

Piplup sailed towards me and I opened my arms to catch him, grunting as he smacked into my chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked, worried sick. Piplup ruffled up his slippery feathers and peeped furiously towards the pokemon under the water, waving his flippers angrily. Laughing with relief I put Piplup down and he immediately dove into the pool again.

"Alright Piplup, let's try to disorient him a bit. Use Whirlpool, and make it big!" I yelled. 

I saw Piplup start to swim swiftly in a circle. I watched as the totem pokemon swam towards Piplup, opening its mouth wide, but the surface of the pool was quickly turning into a gigantic whirlpool and the totem pokemon was sucked into it. I watched as it tried to escape the strong current but every few seconds its body would smack against a rock and it would slip back into the raging whirlpool.

Piplup popped out of the pool to stand next to me on the rock and I pointed. "Use Ice Beam!"

Piplup let loose a stream of ice just as the totem pokemon was trying to jump free of the whirlpool. The Ice Beam connected and the pokemon roared as one of its fins froze over and it smacked back into the pool. The Whirlpool dissipated and Piplup dove back in.

"Use Drill Peck and then swim away!" I called and to my delight, I saw that the totem pokemon was swimming much slower now. 

Piplup smacked his Drill Peck into the big pokemon's side and I saw the pokemon shudder, but then a shadow shaped like an arrow came out of nowhere and smacked into Piplup, shooting him several feet through the water until he smacked against the edge of the pool.

"Piplup!" I cried out in shock.

He briefly surfaced while rubbing his head but looked more angry than hurt. I heard a splash and looked over to see an Alomamola diving back under the pool and I figured that was what had attacked Piplup. 

I really hate that other pokemon come in to help the totem pokemon. It's so unfair! I thought angrily but shook my head and focused on the battle in front of me.