| 6 |

To be completely honest with you, I never thought I'd ever watch that movie I was so against

I always tried to stay away from anything that involved cancer or other deadly diseases.

Simply because it feels wrong?

I think of it as peeking into the future, kind of.

Now, here I am, a Saturday night in my living room. Popcorn by my side and Yoongles on my lap as we wait for Jimin to arrive.

My parents let him come over since they had to go somewhere and they didn't want to leave me alone, y'know... in case I die.

I never expected them to allow Jimin, a male, to stay with me alone.

But I wasn't going to complain and go against them.

I had told Jimin I was about to watch The Fault In Our Stars for the first time ever, he insisted on coming over and seeing my reaction.

He was sure I would cry, he said and I quote "it's one of the few movies that has actually made me cry".

I was curious if it would make him cry again.

I mean, it's just all fiction.

I mean, it's pretty predictable—considering I already know that Agustus is the one that dies.

The doorbell rang, making me snap out of my thoughts.

Yoongles made his way to the front door, looking at me expectantly. His eyes shouted 'open the door, what the fuck are you waiting for?' as I stood there and stretched.

I finally made my way over and opened the door to see a smiling Jimin.

"I brought tissues!" He said happily. "And snacks."

I rolled my eyes, moving to the side to let him in.

"You're house is so pretty." He said gawking at the interior.

I have to say, my parents were stocked with money and my mother was quite the designer so...yeah.

"Thanks." I said. "Ready to watch the movie?"

"I'm so excited to see you cry." He paused. "That sounded so evil but I honestly don't care. Let's go!"

He skipped over to my kitchen.

"Living room is this way, buddy." I managed to say between subtle giggles and walked towards the said room.

-

"No way!" I sobbed. "This is so unfair!"

"I know.." Jimin whispered.

"He had a whole life ahead of him! It was so easily t-taken away!" I shouted. "They could've gotten married and have kids! They were supposed to grow old with each other!"

"I know.." Jimin said wiping his own tears away.

"I don't like this movie.." I mumbled, hot tears still trailing down my red cheeks.

"I know—Wait, what? Why not?" Jimin asked turning to me.

"It's sad." I answered. "And too fake."

"What do you mean by that?"

"No one would love anyone who's in the verge of dying. No one would bring themselves to love someone who they would have to watch die. No one would actually love someone who's dying knowing they would experience immense pain by their death." I replied in a small voice.

We stayed silent after that. I could tell he was thinking about what I just said.

"Maybe..." He started looking down at his lap. "Maybe loving that person is worth the pain." He looked at me, his brown captivating eyes staring at mine.

As cliche as it might sound, the world stopped around us. It felt as if it was only him and I in that room.

I even expected wind and glowing lights to appear around him just like in k-dramas.

He was the first to look away and cleared his throat.

I took a deep breath and turned my attention to Yoongles who once again appeared to be glaring at me.

"I, um, I should go." Jimin stood up, scratching the back of his neck. His awkward expression disappeared and a small smile formed on his lips, "thank you for such lovely time, Honey."

I stood there in a daze, admiring him. I snapped out of it, clearing my throat. "It was nothing." I said softly.

He was about to say something but the front door opened revealing my parents.

My mother smiled as soon as she saw Jimin, in the contrary, Father's face hardened.

"Oh, hi! We didn't expect you to still be here! If we had known we'd probably spent more time out." Mother said happily.

"Don't you have a home to go to, boy?" Father asked sternly.

I gasped. "Father!" I turned to Jimin. "Excuse him."

"It's fine." He smiled softly, staring into my eyes once again.

"Good thing you were here, what if something happened if she was alone. We'd maybe too late, she has had her fallouts too often and—" Mother rambled but I interrupted:

"Well Jimin, i think you should go home. Have a goodnight!" I exclaimed leading the confused boy out the door.

"Stay safe, message me when you get home!" I said and closed the door, sighing and leaning against it.

"He can't know..." I said softly, making eye contact with both my parents (obviously not at the same time—duh). "Don't mention my health difficulties around him."

Without any other words, I made my way to my bedroom, a grumpy Yoongles following behind me.