Chapter 17

I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. E.J. was standing there alone.

"What is it?" I asked. I wasn't sure if something was wrong or not, it was hard to tell.

"Um, I uh, um." He couldn't seem to talk straight. What was making him so nervous?

"E.J. spit it out." I commanded. I was pulled close by him and I noticed his mask was raised a bit. I was surprised when he kissed me and when I kissed back. What is up with the kisses today?

He pulled back, his face a pink color. "I really like you, Briar." he said. I was stunned into silence. Luckily I was saved by BEN walking in.

"Hey Briar, do you want to play the Xbox with me?" asked BEN. I nodded in agreement, still silent from what was happening today. What is happening?!

BEN led me out of the kitchen and up to his room. I guess we were playing private. We walked down to his room and he opened his door for me.

"Thank you." I said as I walked into his room. He just nodded in response as he followed me into his room, closing his door behind him.

"So um, what game are we playing?" I asked curiously.

"Whatever you want." BEN answered, though he sounded half excited.

"BEN is some-" I was cut off by him suddenly kissing me. And me being the stupid idiot that I am, kissed back... but I liked it just like the others.

We broke apart after a few seconds, our faces red with blush.

"I uh, I need to think." I said quietly and left before he could protest about it. I walked straight down the hall and into my room. I didn't know what to do. I really wish mom was here, she could help me with this. I yawned and flopped my exhausted body onto my bed and fell asleep immediately.

I guess I would have to figure it out in the morning.

***

I woke up in the morning to be greeted by four different envelopes, all four a different color, and all four coming with a different gift.

The first envelope I picked up was red and came with a large knife, my initials carved in the handle. The second was grey and came with a bouquet of strawberry suckers tied together with a black, silk ribbon. The third was blue and came with black and blue roses. The fourth and last envelope was green, and came with my favorite game, Bullet Witch.

I didn't know what to do and was trying to decide which one to open first when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?!" I yelled.

"It's Slender, child. I need to speak with you." answered my visitor.

I looked down at myself and made sure I was decent before calling him in. he opened the door and ducked through the door way. He closed the door behind him and walked to sit beside me.

"I know what happened yesterday." he said. I got worried. Before I could say anything, he continued. "None of you are in trouble. I came to speak with you to tell you to choose wisely. No matter who choose, they won't be mad at you, but instead, they will support you." said Slender. I relaxed.

"Thank you for telling me." I said. He nodded, stood up, and left.

I knew who I was going to choose.