Chapter 9

It's been a year since I met Danny and the others. I got my own room in Danny's apartment and was happy for the first time since I left the mansion. I'm 19 now and have gained a liking for video games. It's all I can really do while Danny has guests over.

I was playing my new Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask when my character kept dyeing. I was getting so angry, then my screen blacked out making me yell into my pillow angrily. I tossed my controller to the floor and covered myself in my blanket. I was so angry I didn't even want to see the TV.

My ears twitched as my eyes widened when I heard a familiar voice beside my bed.

"What's wrong, Ms. Kitty? Game too hard for you?" asked BEN. It was obvious he didn't know it was me he was talking to and getting ready to kill.

I heard a swooshing sound of him going to make his attack. I rolled off the bed, still covered with the blanket, and knocked him to the floor with me. I moved quickly and sat on his stomach while pinning his arms to the floor with my gloved hands. I was still covered with the blanket so he didn't know it was me.

"BEN stop." I said as the blanket fell down my back. His eyes widened with fear. "Please don't fear me. I'm your friend, not enemy." I said quietly. I was hurt that he was still afraid of me.

He nodded and I felt him relax. I felt him stiffen as he blushed with realization of how we were sitting.

"Um, c-could you get off of me now?" asked BEN quietly. I blushed softly and got off, sitting beside him now. As soon as he sat up, I hugged him, taking him off guard. I felt tears fill my eyes, but it wasn't enough to make them over flow. I smiled as he hugged back.

"I missed you." I said quietly.

"I missed you too, and so do the others." said BEN. I pulled out of the hug and looked him straight in the eye.

"Do you think I could come back home?" I asked quietly. I really wanted to see the others for the first time in a year. I even wanted them to meet my new friends.

"We could try." said BEN honestly, smiling his boyish grin.

"Can I br-" I was interrupted by the sound of the door being kicked down and heavy footsteps running in. they stopped by my door.

"Alright, monster! Come out slowly with your claws above your head your head!" shouted a deep voice I recognized as the chief of the police department.

BEN signaled for me to stay quiet. I nodded and watched as he started counting down on his hand.

As soon as he reached zero, I heard screams from policemen outside my room. I backed away, worried as to what might be out there. The door burst open and the chief fell to the floor covered in blood.

I watched as a familiar boy in a white blood-stained hoodie entered my room with a wicked smile. I felt a smile form my lips as I ran to him and hugged him. I felt him tense then relax as his arms wrapped around me. This is what I was waiting for and my tears finally released themselves.

I stood there in Jeff's arms, sobbing into his chest as he rubbed my back gently. I missed him most, and I could feel that hole in my chest fill back up again and the emotions return. I was whole again.

I calmed down and let him go, looking down. He had me look up using his thumb and index finger. I could feel my cheeks burning when he did this.

"Don't look down, Doll Face." said Jeff with a smirk. He remembered how I hated being called that, but now, I smile as I hear him say the nickname he gave me when this all started.

I remembered what I was asking BEN earlier and turned back to him him.

"Can I bring my new friends to the mansion with us?" I asked hopefully.

"Why?" asked Jeff.

"She asked me not you." said BEN with a hidden bitterness in his tone. "Why?" he asked me.

"Because they're special. Danny is a Telekinetic, Cindy is a Seer, and Liam is just human but he's with Cindy." I explained with one breath. I was desperate.

"Sure, why not." Said BEN with a smile.

"Great, we just have to wait for them to get back from the coffee shop.

Then we can go home." I said excitedly. We all sat down in my room and waited.