Chapter 15

I slowly calmed down, but I started hiccuping. I have cried too much today.

I let go of who I was clinging to and kept my eyes closed. I heard what sounded like a candy wrapper in front of my face a few inches. I opened my eyes a crack and saw a strawberry sucker, my favorite.

My eyes widened as my head shot up to see who I was clinging to, and I saw my clown, Laughing Jack, after all this time. Before I could stop myself, I hugged him tightly.

I felt sudden anger and pulled back hastily. "Where did you go?! Where were you when I needed you most?! You've been gone for years and now you find me?!" I shouted through angry tears.

"I'm sorry, B. If I came to you, I probably would've hurt you." said L.J. softly.

"So you have to disappear for years before you finally come to me again?!" I shouted. I sounded like a girl that caught her boyfriend cheating on her, but why would I be yelling at him like that?

"I'm sorry." he said quietly.

"Just... leave me alone." I said and ran out. I felt angry, guilty, and sad all at once. I'm considering something I never thought I would but I know it's a bad idea.

As I ran to my room, I could hear someone running after me.

"Briar, wait!" shouted Jeff as he tried to catch up to me.

I continued running and tripped over my own feet. Someone caught me before I hit the ground.

I didn't realize I was crying again as I turned in Jeff's arms and buried my face in his chest. He was at least a foot taller than me.

He rubbed my back until I stopped crying. I calmed down, but I didn't let go of him. I felt his thumb and index finger raise up my chin so that I was looking up at him.

"Are you alright now?" he asked softly, almost a whisper. All I managed to do was nod a bit.

"Do you want to stay in my room for the night? So no one comes to kidnap you?" asked Jeff, I could see a light blush rising on his cheeks.

I smiled and could feel my cheeks burning up. "Yea, I would feel safer that way." I said, and it was true. I felt safe in his arms even now. I could see him smile, not like the one he always has, but a real genuine smile. It made my stomach do flips.

I watched as he started having an argument with himself, and I could tell he was because his eyes seemed to go back and forth with two different emotions. I watched him glance at my lips.

I gained a courage from nowhere and closed the distance between us, our lips locking. I felt fireworks going off in the kiss, and he didn't hesitate to kiss back.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer while his hands slid down to my hips. I swear I was going to die, that's how happy I became. I closed my eyes as the lights got brighter. He pulled back and I'm guessing he covered his eyes to, but the lights got so bright it was blinding. I covered my eyes with my hands.

I flinched and let out a small startled yelp as I heard a series of fast pops in a row and felt small cuts being made and something hard and light falling onto my head.

I slowly moved my hands away from my face and opened my eyes to darkness. I could barely see. My feline senses kicked on and I was able to see everything like I had night vision.

I saw Jeff standing in front of me trying to see.

"Briar? Where are you? What happened to the lights?" asked Jeff. Apparently they turned off downstairs too because I could hear Sally freaking out and BEN and Masky trying to calm her down.

"I'm in front of you, and the lights went out." I said I as I grabbed his hand.

I could see him smile his real smile again. "Briar, I have a question for you." said Jeff. Could it be? Could he be finally asking me to be his?

I could feel my excitement overwhelm my body as I spoke. "Yes Jeff?"