A balance of respect.

"Demons were human... Just like (Y/n) and Nezuko." Tanjirou spoke behind you, his sister close by his side, "Demons are just sorrowful."

Giyu glanced at the resting girl in Tanjirou's embrace, then to your stern glare.

He was about to say something with a shocked expression when you felt a rush of air brush past all of you, Giyu pushing you down with the others whilst he blocked an attack.

You looked up, placing your mask back on to see a dark haired small woman in a butterfly wing patterned kimono and the Demon Slayer uniform.

Her sword was also shaped very strangely and a little bit of substance leaked out the tip of the weapon.

'Poison!?' You internally panicked as she landed.

You looked back at Giyu who was hovering above you, his sword facing her in a defensive manner.

'He saved us.' Your ears tingled as the woman spoke up.

"Oh? Why are you getting in the way, Tomioka-san?" She had a morbid undertone in those cheerful eyes, "You said we can't get along with demons, but what's this all about?"

The man could only crouch in thought whilst the lady spoke, "If you do, everyone will hate you."

She pointed her weird blade at you all, "Okay Tomioka-san, get out of the way."

But the said male didn't move a muscle, your heart beating way too hard as he retorted.

"I am not hated."

This shocked both you and Tanjirou, as the man spoke so open-heartedly whilst the woman mocked him.

"Giyu.."

The way he protected you and Nezuko so willingly confused and warmed you at the same time.

The woman sneered, "Sorry you didn't realise you were hated. Pardon me for saying too much."

"Boy." She called to Tanjirou, and he snapped his head to face her in fright.

"Yes?"

"Boy, you're protecting a demon. It's dangerous so please get off her."

You gritted your teeth, "That's his little sister!"

She looked at you in disgust, "Well is that so? Don't worry then, I'll kill her and you with a sweet poison that won't leave you in pain."

Her darkened eyes confirmed your suspicion of her twisted ego, and you subconsciously held the back of Giyu's kimono.

"(Y/n), can you take these kids away from here." He asked you, eyes still focused on the creepy lady in front.

"U-Uh, yes." You helped Tanjirou up, and placed Nezuko on your back, "You will be okay right-"

"Just run, please."

'Thank you...'

Your mind was sent on overdrive as the panic settled in: this was life or death.

You started running with both of them, until you were out of the woman's sight.

"(Y/n)! Look out!" You ducked just as a girl with a sword had swung her blade for both of your heads, "She's a demon slayer too!"

You never got to see her face, as she sent many deadly hits your way. But you tripped on a large tree root, making you drop Nezuko.

And the girl was so close to killing you, had Tanjirou not yanked her backwards you would've been dead.

"Tanjirou!" She smashed her foot into his head, and you could only move yours to dodge her stabs.

She glanced at Nezuko, who was getting away, and decided to run after her, leaving you a tired mess.

"S-Shit... I knew this would happen." You watched as she began to shrink by surprise, "Okay, did not see that coming."

Just as you were gonna lose your shit and give up, a crow started screaming up in the treetops, "CAWWW MESSAGE, MESSAGE! RESTRAIN THE ONES NAMED TANJIROU, NEZUKO AND (Y/N)!"

It seemed you were saved by the crow, and you flopped onto the ground, your strength at its limit.

"BRING THEM TO THE HEADQUARTERS! TANJIROU HAS A SCAR ON HIS FOREHEAD, NEZUKO IS BITING ONTO A PIECE OF BAMBOO, AND (Y/N) HAS A BLOSSOM HAIRPIN AND PARASOL ON HER BACK!"

In no time, a group of men clad in a black kind of outfit appeared near you and Tanjirou, and that was when sleep decided to take you away...