11

"What the HELL?" I finally said, after finding my voice again, shouting the word 'Hell'

My blurry vision soon cleared when a couple of tears fell down my face. I quickly wiped them with my hands.
No. I wasn't gonna cry now. Not in front of them. Not her. Especially him.
I stared at the two happy 'cheaters' gaping at me.

Brody's expression changed -somehow softened- and filled with worry.

"Why?" I mouthed at him
He took a step forward towards me

"Why!!?" I said louder this time

He took a couple more steps forward and I stepped back. Shaking my head at him in disbelief. How could he?

"Gemma, let me exp...." he started but I cut him off by whispering "no" continuously shaking my head furiously.

Then I took off running.

I don't know to where I'm running exactly. I just want to get away. Get away from this situation. From him. From everything. From life....
I passed Sarah and Levi as I kept running.
Only hearing them call out my name but I ignored it.

I finally stopped in the forest and leaned my body back on a tree to catch my breath.

I want to go somewhere where no one can find me and ask me what happened nor Brody to tell me his explanation or whatever. But where would I go? My house, the base and near the school are too obvious and they would definitely search for me there.

The tree house.... No... I mentally scoff. I don't even want to go there. It disgust me and mostly breaks my heart that all that time, two whole years were all nothing to him. It was all a lie and me, being the stupid girl I am, believed it all. I appreciated every single moment in it only causing me a big heartbreak.

I finally decided on going home. I can turn off my phone and lock both the house door and my room. And I have my beautiful siblings to not let anyone in for me.

**

I shut my room's door and throw myself on the bed. My face plopped on the pillow as I hide it in the pillow more if possible and I let it all out. I let out strong endless sobs but I didn't bother to stop them. My heart ached so much.

There was a knock on my door after what seems like 15 minutes and I heard my sister's voice calling my name followed by my brother's voice, "hey can you let us in?"

I had no choice except to let them in or they would've banged on the door forever and that would bring my parents.
I opened the door and they were slightly shocked by my appearance. I don't blame them.
They are just standing there staring at a high school girl they called their sister with messy hair and red puffy eyes. What a total mess i am.

"Sweetie, are you ok?" Jessie asked worriedly
She took my arm and walked with me and sat on my bed. Jack following and doing the same.

"What happened?" Jack asked rubbing my back in a comforting manner

"It's Brody." I whispered on the edge tearing up with silent tears

"You want me to go get him?" He offered

"No.." I said. Oh if only you knew brother
And I let them both know the whole story...

"And that's when I took off running. I couldn't take it anymore. I..." I finished and finally broke down in my two siblings arms from both sides
We stayed like that for like 20 minutes and finally I fell asleep.

**

I woke up my head pounding. I sat up for a couple of moments putting my hands on both sides of my head. Soon the pounding eased and vanished. Realization hit as I remembered everything that happened. I got up from the bed with a sigh.

I heard a conversation going on downstairs. I fix my hair with my hand and go downstairs.
Oh no...
It was Sarah, Levi, Calvin and Hayley. They stopped talking to my siblings the moment they saw me.
From the look on their faces, I think Jack and Jessie already told them everything.
They all came to hug me and I kept murmuring "I'm ok. It's fine"

"Hey, let's go outside. Stand next to Calvin's car, shall we?" Sarah suggested

I nodded my head and followed them, Hayley put her arm around my shoulder and I looked at her with a faint smile.

They were all looking at me as I stared to the ground with my own thoughts. I sighed and decided to wave away their worry.

"Guys, it's alright. I'm fine." I emphasized on 'fine' so they would be reassured but who am I kidding? We've been friends and a rangers team for more than two years.... They won't just believe me like that.

"I don't know why exactly did he do... that. I mean, you guys were like inseparable and all of a sudden..." Levi said making a gesture with his hand like waving strongly

"Believe me, neither do I know. And I guess I don't want to know why nor I want to hear any explanation or whatever reason. So yeah, my heart's broken; it has never been this worse for me. I don't even know if we're done or still on. I think we're gonna have to talk about it although I may know where it's gonna lead but not now. It has been a painful experience already and I'm not sure I'm ready for another one." I said and turned my head to see Brody and Preston and they heard everything I said

Oh my god, I can't even look at him without feeling my heart hurting.
Every gaze from the others fell on us.

Here it is... our first talk before we have The Talk.......

---------------------------

Ok so here's the next chapter. Hope you guys liked it.
What do you think their first talk would be like or the next time they bump into each other?
What do you think their Talk is gonna lead to?
Leave your thoughts below ~.~

Stay tuned for next chapter!