Chapter 12- Marks and Rouges

Start from the beginning

"Go in pairs and spread out, I will be circling the house and around the edge. " Dad says getting up and shifting.

"I'll go with Leo." I say and notice that everyone was paired up. "Please be careful."

"We will see you soon." says Reeve who gives me a hug and him and Dave shift and leave the barn.

"Meet us by the pond in four hours" says Charlie giving me a hug Izzy following him.

"We will." I confirm.

"I swear to gawd, if any of them hurt her..." Noah looks enraged.

"We will find her." I promise and Leo and I shift.

"We will find her." I send to everyone and start to run. Please God, let Jess be alright.

We ran. We ran for hours. I ran until I couldn't feel my legs. But we never got so much as a smell of Jess. We were in at the house sitting at the table discussing what we needed to do.

"Okay, so lets have three people out there for three hour shifts." suggests Dave

"I'm taking the first shift." I leave no room for disagreement,  and everyone looks at me.

"Hun, you ran like mad to day, don't you want to rest?" Leo treads lightly, his concorn for me written all over in large print. 

"I'll rest when Jess is home and who ever took her is dead." I growl back. I can't believe that Mom would take her. I thought that part of our life's was over.

"Who said we are killing anybody?" questions Noah, surprise in his eyes

"They're rouges what do you think is going to happen? There just going to hand Jess over and walk away with out a fucking fight." I say covering up my fear of losing my family with anger. My animistic side pushing through.

"She's right, the odds are the Jess's mate is there and even rouges don't like to have their mates pulled away from them." adds Leo and I can tell that he has already predicted the outcome of this.

"Why would Jess's mate be there? How do you figure?" grumbles Dad. He looks aged, today had aged him. 

"If they came here there are so any other easier options, like Ryan doing the barn chores or Angela going for her morning walk. But they took Jess out of bed. Her mate would have been able to smell her and convince they others to take her." Leo answers.

"If her mates with her then we are beyond screwed." I grumble

"Think positively Ryan" says Izzy "Your mate was a rouges and you're happy."

I smile at the thought and look at Leo, tracing my mark absentmindedly and say "Yeah, I am."

"Why do rouges work in packs... I mean they're Rouges, isn't the whole point to not be in a pack?" asks Angela

"Well they don't really work in packs more so... companions. They don't trust each other and will kill if it come's down to it. They don't like the idea of Packs because they like to be free. That's why if they are with others its usually a small group. And Mates aren't really mates, more like they own each other..." informs Izzy

"So could we take on a group?" asks Charlie. Everyone looks at each other. If it came down to a fight we could lose. Some of us could die.

"Probably not" whispers Leo, looking at me sadly.

"Well we're going to have to! We are not just going to roll over and give up! We can't its Jess we're talking about." I say near hysterics. No one says a word.

"We can't... we can't just feed her to the wolves." I say bitterly.

"Ryan." says Dad

"She's my twin sister! The baby!" I continue on. Snapping a little because no one seams to be reacting.