Chapter 4- The Run

What are we going to do with you?" ask Dad. I sigh and look out at the horse's grazing in the flied.

"I don't know....You could get me a truck?" I say hoping that he would say yes. My brothers all have their own motorized vehicle. Reeve with his Truck, Charlie with his Motorcycle, Noah with his car. Most people find it strange that my 19 and 18 year old brothers still live with us. Most just assume it's because none of my siblings have jobs. Dad owns a social networking site so he works from home and he's loaded. But the really reason is, being a pack Dad wants us all in the same house. That's why we have a huge house with empty rooms for new pack members if we ever get any or when Angela comes.

"You want a truck?" he asks turning in his chair to look at me.

"Well ya...I don't want a car." I answer.

"I mean why a truck?" he says clearly not understanding my logic.

"Dad you can't hitch a horse trailer to a car." I say with a smile. He nods looking back at the fields.

"And I've passed my driving test, and I've driven Reeve truck and I did just fine." I say

"I'll take that into consideration...cause if I get you a truck that means I have to get your sister a car or whatever she wants." He says

"How about for my birthday then?" I ask think that my birthday only being a couple of months away.

"Maybe." He says so I let the conversation drop knowing that I've done I'll I can for the time being.

A sudden thought crosses my mind. "Hey can we go for a run tonight?" I ask

A look of worry flashes across his face, if I hadn't been a werewolf I would have noticed it. One second it was there the next gone.

"Are you sure your ready?" he answers my question with a question.

"Yes...please Dad?" once again a question is answered with yet another question.

"I cant remember the last time we went for a run together... so why not?" he says getting up and looking down at me smiling. Then i jump off the deck and run into the side of the house. I took off my clothes behind our old tree fort tree and shifted.

I sent Dad a mental message "I'm ready" And then saw him in wolf form walk out from behind the tree's. His wolf is huge. Its tan with black markings. And he has one long scar running from his front leg to his ears. He has never told us how he got the scar...we don't really want to know.

"Where we headed kiddo?" He asks.

"I'll race you to the end of the driveway!" I say and then I'm off like a rocket! I love running in my wolf form. It helps me forget, forget about mom, forget about my mate, forget about the fact that I don't have any friends at school, forget about the bullies. Just forget. So I make it to the end of the drive long before Dad.

"I let you win Miss." he says panting slightly. Dad almost never runs in wolf form, he doesn't like going out into the forest anymore so the places for him to run are considered limited.

"What ever floats your boat!" I say with a laugh. "Just like you let me win last time and the time before that and that an-" and my mental message was cut short by a Reeve eavesdropping in on our conversation.

"What are you two up to" He asks. My mood darkens. Thinking about the fight before they had left. And then suddenly my anger is nothing compared to the ball of grief forming in the pit of my stomach. After Mom left I never really fought with my sibling in fear that one day they might not come back.

"Kicking Dads butt in a race." I answer pulling my charade back into place. "Hows the rest of them?" I ask honestly wondering.

"Their having fun...Charlie feels really bad about what he said before though." It feels like he is trying to apologize for him.