2: The Goddess Awakens

A thousand years have passed for the Jun Empire in which they no longer were plagued by the dark memory of that faithful day: The day the heavens and earth shook, raining blood and fire upon the citizens of jun.

Now at peace with the celestial bodies, The Goddess of Wrath who had waged war against the imperial family became nothing but a legend—a story carried down from generation to generation.

Several dynasties came and went after them—the Xia dynasty was but long forgotten.

Unfortunately, Daiyu was real, currently, lying dormant under the Lian Mountains. Soon she would be awakened by those that serve the ancient Four Winds Temple, to receive her punishment for her crimes against humanity.

The Four Winds Temple was located high, in the very same mountains that held Daiyu. It had been built after the defeat of the rogue goddess and was lead by a powerful priestess renowned for her cultivation level. Such skill had allowed her to be given the heavenly edict, which was the power to punish the deity that broke an old truce between two realms; a law that banned a celestial being from directly interfering with the mortal realm.

The sun lowered itself below the horizon, signaling the time for the summoning to begin. Deep within the catacombs of the temple, a group of servants gathered around a stone slab that held the body of a female. She was tall and graceful, with thick long lashes that fanned her face with a sheen as bright as the crown of inky black hair on her head. Her locks were so long, that they cascaded past the edges of the stone, and pooled unto the floor. She looked inhuman, with pale skin as translucent as the moon; a stark contrast against full lips colored in crimson red. Her body glowed with a heavenly aura as she remained frozen in repose. One glance at her and one knew she was not of this world.

Talismans covered her, keeping her locked in her prison. The High Priestess would soon lift the one placed over the third eye, and summon her spirit by force.

Daiyu was stirring, growing restless in her slumber as she felt cold energy stimulate her after a dark and silent Millenium.

Something strange was occurring within her. It felt as if her insides were being split apart. Her consciousness was becoming clearer; the blanket of sleep was starting to lift.