Egg Mystery: Dawn's POV

Start from the beginning

"Pip pip lup!" Piplup yelled indignantly, stomping his feet, which made his waddle even more pronounced as he marched towards us.

"Growlithe was just playing, Piplup," I said, crouching down and depositing the still bark/laughing Growlithe on the ground where he rolled a few times before calming down.

Piplup turned his beak up with obvious annoyance and I reached out and tickled him right where his cheek met his beak. He peeped out a surprised laugh before smacking my fingers and looking at me with indignation. Growlithe rolled back onto his feet and stuck his wet nose against Piplup's cheek in a puppy kiss. Piplup glared over at him and Growlithe licked his beak, making Piplup back away and spit in disgust. I laughed delightedly and tussled the tuft of fur between Growlithe's big ears.

"What a good boy apologizing! Piplup, can't you forgive him?" I asked, giving him my own version of bonsly eyes. 

Piplup wrinkled his chin and clenched his beak as if he were getting ready to fight some more, but then he sighed and waddled over, patting Growlithe once on the shoulder as a sign of forgiveness.

"Thank you. Now let's go meet our newest friend!" I squealed, returning to my feet and walking briskly down the path. 

Growlithe and Piplup followed after me and I watched as Cutiefly flew lazily in between the thin stalks of sugarcane. We hadn't even been walking an hour when a large barn and a few smaller wooden buildings came into sight. One of which had a sign proclaiming it as the Paniola Ranch Daycare. Hardly able to contain my excitement I dashed towards the daycare with Piplup and Growlithe hot on my heels.

"Welcome to the daycare! How can I help you today?" a cute young woman, probably in her late twenties, asked as I walked in and held the door open for my three pokemon to come inside.

"Hello! Nurse Joy told me that you might have some pokemon eggs you were hoping to give away?" I asked hesitantly and a look of pure relief filled the girl's face.

"You must be Dawn! Oh my goodness, thank you so much for coming!" The girl said, dashing around the counter and pulling me into a hug. 

Not sure what else to do I hugged her back and laughed awkwardly. "Sorry if I'm late," I said uncertainly and she laughed while pulling back from me.

"You're not late at all! Give me just a moment and I'll bring out the eggs," she said before dashing through the door behind the counter. 

Piplup walked forward and clambered up the stool so he could sit at the counter. Growlithe sat down next to my legs, leaning against them affectionately and I thought I felt the faintest weight added to my head, which I assumed was Cutiefly.

"Here we are!" she called, her arms filled with three incubator capsules, each with a distinctive egg inside.

"Do you need some help?" I asked in concern but she made it to the counter without dropping any of them and gave me a bright smile.

"It is a huge help that you are willing to take care of one of these little guys for us!" she said as she lined up the three capsules. "I don't know why but whenever trainers find eggs they always bring them here. As if we weren't busy enough as it is!" 

I frowned sympathetically at her and she looked at me with a slightly desperate expression.

"We have ten more eggs in the back, you wouldn't happen to want more than one?" she asked and I bit my bottom lip.

"I'm so sorry, but I am going to be traveling around doing Luau Showdowns. I don't think I would be able to properly take care of more than one," I apologized and she sighed, pushing one of her blonde braids over her shoulder.