"It's cool. Look, Ima call you back in the morning."

"Alright, talk to you later."

I hung up the phone and Lola didn't look too pleased.

"She's just a friend?"

"Yea." I got up and walked to my room.

Celiné

"Please lay down, boo bear. Mommy is sleepy." I rocked Chad back and forth as he was whining. He was so tired yet he was fighting his sleep.

"Hey, girl." Janice walked in, scaring the hell out of me.

"When did you get here?" I frowned.

"Just now, duh. It wasn't hard to find your spare key. I don't know why y'all all got spares anyway. Ain't nobody welcomed in my crib." She sat down.

"What're you here for?"

"To drop this off. Your mail is still being sent to my address." She handed me two envelopes. "One is from the devil himself." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh god.." I sighed. I sat the envelopes down and continued to try to put Chad to sleep. "I just don't understand why he won't leave me alone."

"Because, he knows how you are and he thinks you'll be weak and back down from this fight."

"He knows I'm gonna get Chad anyway. I have nothing on my background.. he has absolutely nothing on me."

"True." She shrugged. "I just came to give you that though, not to talk." She stood. "I have to get to work with these raggedy hoes." She sighed.

"Have fun." I giggled. "Don't fall."

"Fuck you!" She yelled out, making Chad start crying again.
-
Janice

When I got to work, I noticed I was the only one here

When I got to work, I noticed I was the only one here. These girls are always late.

"Hey, Jan." Tj, our manager, spoke to me.

"Wassup." I gave him dap. Me and Tj were like brother and sister, he knew his boundaries when it came to me.

I walked in the back so I could start getting ready, and a few minutes after, Lola walks in.

Me and her were not really friends anymore because she just seems so sneaky to me.

"God, I need a drink." She groaned.

I turned around and watched her pour some Ciroc in her glass.

"Alcoholic." I mumbled.

"What'd you say?" She looked at me.

"I called you an alcoholic." I smiled.

"Look, I don't know what your issue is with me but I wish you'd stop picking with me because I'm the wrong bitch to be messed with." She walked over to me.

"That's supposed to scare me?" I laughed.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and walked back over to her station.

I really do not like her. I don't get good vibes from her and I never have.
-
Copyright © 2019 YumGucci

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,".