PLAYLIST + A/N

PLAYLIST

Missed Me – The Dresden Dolls

Big Jet Plane – Angus & Julia Stone

Writer In The Dark – Lorde

Leif Erikson – Interpol

Lolita – Lana Del Rey

I Will Possess Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie

Beautiful and Bad – Nicole Dollanganger

Bloody Bandaid – Cherry Glazerr

My Body Is a Cage – Arcade Fire

Churchyard – AURORA

Let's Dance – David Bowie

White Rabbit – Jefferson Airplane

Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon – Urge Overkill

In the Backseat – Arcade Fire

Happy Healthy Citizen of the Developed World Blues – Ball Park Music

Blindness – Metric

Together – The xx

So that's the novel guys & I hoped you enjoyed it!!

This book had been the strangest concept that didn't leave my head the moment I started imagining it. I normally write about young adults so I wanted to try a coming-of-age thing. 

Lydia is sort of based on myself when I was her age. Unsure, inexperienced, misunderstood, I guess? I've never gone through some of the horrible things she had gone through, but there are small elements of this story that are inspired by truth. This is not an autobiography but she is the closest character that will ever be a former version of myself.

You could say the themes of this novel display values very different from our modern ones. I think it's important to consider the 60s really was a different time. It wasn't that unusual for grown men to date teenage girls (still ew). Women lived with their parents right up until they got married, and they married young. Of course the era doesn't excuse the fucked up things that happened, but it would be terribly dishonest to pretend that issues such a systematic racism, abuse of power, etc. did not exist.

I've added a playlist on Spotify and here's the link if you want to check it out – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6MvjQI3fqw3qSXsHDjr2F1?si=BmTZI4kzTX2ds23p0BxHQg

It's a bunch of songs that capture the melancholy and vintage vibe this novel tries to inspire, and some fun ones too xx

I also write other things - I have another novel-in-progress similar to this one called Dark Summers.

I also have 2 completed works (Addison & The Planetarium), 2 poetry collections (Rotten Poetry & Stinging Nettles), a historical/thriller/romance that's under severe reconstruction (A Cult of Archeology) a horror (Violent Laughter Echoed Around My Grave) and a science fiction (Hunger of the Void). 

Thank you so much for reading –

love you all x