THE DOLLHOUSE

SYNOPSIS

❝Image is everything.❞

Set in the 1960s, The Dollhouse is the haunting story of Lydia and Violet - forced to uproot to a new town and live with an old-fashioned family they barely know. The sisters soon discover that image can be deceiving, and that no one else can truly know the horror behind closed doors.

COPYRIGHT

All my stories are copyright. This includes all chapters, prologues, epilogues and characters. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Disclaimer- I do not own any references to songs, TV series, attached photos or videos, etc.

Copyright © 2016 Ruby Venn

QUOTATION

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

― Leo Tolstoy

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello readers,

If you like novels about scandal, family drama, and a plot that seems to become more and more morally wrong, you've chosen the right story. This story has been in my head a few years - so I hope that it's as unexpected & interesting as I wanted it to be.

I would like to clarify due to recent allegations that this novel is in no way associated, nor ever has been, with Melanie Martinez. I know a lot of people have drawn inspiration from her work but due to the sensitive content in this story, it's important to state I don't condone any real-life abusive behavior. As I have said before in the comments, The Dollhouse is not inspired by Melanie or her song, but as some people in the comments assume it is, I feel this should be addressed. It is of utmost importance to listen to victims of assault, particularly in industries where power lies in hierarchy.

[ TRIGGER WARNING: gore, violence, language, references to sexual violence. ]

Thanks for reading ♥️