Chapter 4

It's a hard life

Dear diary,
I haven't written in this diary in a long time. Even though I don't need to write anymore, I kinda like it and miss it.
It is 1974 at the moment, and the band has released three albums so far, I am so happy for them.

The people love Queen.
And about Freddie and I, we are in an enchanting relationship, and the band and I are close friends. I love spending time with them, even though that rarely happens.

"Ahh my love!!" Freddie said while coming into my bedroom. He seemed happy. He kissed me with a smile and then I asked,

"Freddie, what is it?"

"The band and I are going on our first tour!!"

"That's amazing!! But... do you mean, like.... tour around the United Kingdom?" I was puzzled and excited at the same time.

"Yes my dear, Queen is officially performing live in front of hundreds!!"

"I'm so proud of you Freddie!!" I said while hugging him. "How long are you going to be gone?"

"Maybe 2 weeks. But it will be fine, I promise I'll be with you as soon as I get back" he said while looking outside of the window. "Cristina, don't you think it's beautiful?"

"What is, Freddie?"

"The sunset, darling. It is charming..."

"It sure is Freddie, but you know
what's more charming?" I said smirking, and he turned around and looked at me with curiosity.

"Seeing you happy."
Freddie chuckled and came closer to me.

"You're the love of my life, you know that right?" He said.

"That's what you say..." I said with a cheeky smile and giggled.

"Oh come here" he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, and while we kissed and laughed I felt like the luckiest woman alive.

~After Freddie left for tour~

Dear diary,
Without Freddie here, I get bored. My friend Jane called me and said we could go to the bar together. I said I would go even though Queen wasn't the band to play there anymore, she sounded strangely excited, though.

I put some clothing on and Jane picked me up at my home.

"How's everything with Fred?" She asked smiling.

"Everything is great!!"I responded honestly, buckling up in her car.

"Don't you think he'll leave you when he's famous and everything? I mean, I wouldn't trust him if I were you,"

"Leave me for fame? Freddie?" I chuckled. "Don't be ridiculous, Jane. Freddie would never do that."

Jane looked at me with an are-you-sure? Type of look.
I just turned around and looked outside the window for the rest of the car ride, ignoring her and her nonsense comments.

When we arrived to the bar, I saw something unusual... I saw somebody that looked familiar.

"Cristina!! Isn't that.... Paul?" Jane said laughing, but I didn't get what was so funny about it.

"Paul?! Oh no, why is he here? He never comes to these types of things."
(Let me clear some things up, Paul is my ex boyfriend, the one that broke up with me and I had to start writing in diaries and everything..... yeah, him.)

"Cristina! I missed you so much, my love" Paul said while attempting to hug me.

"Miss me? Are you kidding me? Paul, you bloody left me for someone else, you bastard! I don't miss you, and I told you I didn't want to see your face ever again. So
Paul, please leave."

"I just need to talk to you... about something important..."

"Paul. I don't care! Sod off and find somebody else!"

"But, I need you. You are the only one that you will understand" he seemed serious, but I was confused.

"Give me your phone number, Cristina. I'll call you to find a date when we can meet, and then we'll get together. It will help me and my personal problems. Please."
He seemed honest... maybe he needed my help.

"Sure, Paul" I said irritated. "But afterwards, please don't contact me ever again."
He just nodded, but he didn't seem convincing.

I gave him my phone number.

Giving him my number...
Wow, what a screw up.