Chapter 3

It's a hard life

Dear diary...
Freddie and I haven't talked in the past week, I have wanted to show up and see him sing, but I can't.
I don't have the nerve to.
I miss him, I miss his smile, I miss our conversations... I need to see him.

It was already nighttime and I dressed up to go to the bar.
As expected, when I came in, Freddie and the band were performing.
I hadn't been to this place since the band was called Smile, but they had officially changed the band's name to Queen. I liked the new logo, it was enchanting.

When Freddie saw me come in, he was in the middle of a song. He turned around, looked at the band, turned towards the audience and said,
"Okay, okay! Time for a break everybody!" Then he came down from stage, obviously coming toward me.

"Cristina, darling, where have you been? You haven't responded my calls and haven't showed up to my performances in days!" He looked concerned, but I didn't respond. "Tell me something, please. Or this won't work out." He seemed bloody serious, so answered back.

"Freddie, I am sorry." It's all I said.

"No, no dear. Don't be. Is this about the kiss? Because if it's that. I am over it, I'll wait for when you're ready." He said while touching my shoulder.

"Thank you, Freddie" I said without making eye contact, and the we both started walking outside. He motioned me to go inside his car, and I did.

"Where are we going, Fred?" I wondered.

"We're going to eat dinner," he smiled.

"Okay,"

We arrived to dinner a couple minutes later. The place was quite fancy, and it had a beautiful view.
Freddie talked to me about how he wanted Queen to become a well-known band, and I told him it was a great idea, but to be honest, I didn't think it was going to be simple.

After eating, Freddie and I walked in front of the ocean under the moonlight sky.
While he was talking to me about his dreams, I slowly moved closer and grabbed his hand. We stopped walking for a moment, and Freddie's voice faded with the sound of the waves. I looked at his eyes while he looked at mine, no one saying anything.

I could feel in his sincere eyes the desire he had of kissing me. And honestly, I felt ready.
I could do this.
I leaned over, moved my hand to his beautiful, soft, brown hair; and under the moon, in front of the ocean, Freddie Mercury and I kissed for the first time.