Chapter 1

It's a hard life

Dear diary...
As you know, my name is Cristina and I'm 22 years old at the moment, it is 1970 and New Years was fun until my boyfriend and I broke up during that day. I know this thing about diaries is stupid and childish, but my therapist recommended it to me (because of my breakup. My Ex and I had been together for 6 years and I thought we were getting married...) but I don't want to think about that.

So anyways, my friend Jane is forcing me to go to a new bar, or whatever, with her tonight.... yeah, I'm not really excited about that, I'm not really that type of person. But she wants me to get off the house and listen to some music live.

She says there's this really good band named "Smile" and it's like rock and stuff, and she says they just got a new singer. And to be honest, I'm actually down, because I love rock, I always have.

Anyways, I'm wearing a black skirt with baby pink stripes, and a darker pink shirt to match the skirt. I straightened my hair and it went down to my shoulders. I didn't really look that bad.
When Jane arrived, I closed my apartment door and went down the elevator.
She was waiting outside.

When I got in the car, I noticed she actually tried with her clothes a lot more than I did. She was wearing an incredibly tight dress... I wonder who she wanted to
impress.

"So, Darling!! How are you doing!!" She asked me excitedly.

"Eh"

"What do you mean eh? Are you ready to have fun?!"

"Sure, I reckon..." I said not being completely honest. I mean, I was ready to leave the house and listen to some music, but that was kind of it. I wasn't expecting to have 'the night of my life.' But I guess my friend Jane was.

"Maybe you'll find a guy you'll like. Many quite handsome boys go to this place at night, so we might get lucky tonight"

"We'll see about that..." I responded dryly.

When we got in, there was a band playing on a stage, they were playing good music, "Keep Yourself Alive," was the name of the song. I just sat down listening, while Jane was dancing with no joke 30 guys. The lead singer of the band had quite impressive talent, and I must mention that he was very good looking as well.

When the band had a break from playing, I went to the bathroom. The bathroom had a long line and it was behind the stage, so I just stood there, waiting, when I heard a masculine voice talking to me from behind.

"Hi dear, are you enjoying the night?"

"Sure, I suppose..." I responded without turning around.

"That doesn't sound convincing, turn around, c'mon"

I turned around and saw his face. He was the lead singer. Talking to me.
Why me, though?

"You're quite beautiful, darling" he smiled, showing his perfectly white teeth.

"Oh um, thank you... you have a really nice voice by the way..." I managed to say shyly.

"Oh why, thank you dear. What's your name?" He asked kindly.

"I'm Cristina, what's yours?"

"Why, that's a beautiful name. I'm Farrokh Bulsara"