Chapter 6 -Wavering Sanity-

sanity

/ˈsanɪti/

noun

the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner; the state of having a healthy mind and not being mentally ill

----

You felt the wind glide through your (h/c) coloured, quite messy locks that were tainted with dirt and had a few leaves stuck in them, some falling off as you sped up various times to try to find your friends in these eerie woods before any murderers found them, or you.

Your breathing was uneven and you had slight problems taking in the right amount of air, causing your side to ache. The reason was the paranoia and panic coursing through your veins; you weren't able to concentrate on anything else but searching frantically around you.

Tree after tree rushed past you in a blur, creating dark blobs in your vision. Your goal was to spot something blue, Faye's hair, as it was the last thing you saw, but so far your efforts were in vain. Frustration began to form inside of your being.

Would they really leave you behind after everything?

''F-Faye! Judy!'' The last method you resorted to was yelling for them one more time, hoping they would hear. It was quite stupid and dangerous you had to admit, but you felt hopeless enough to try. If you were lucky, no killer would hear your shouts.

They echoed throughout the forest, the sound being carried away gently by the breeze until it was silent once again, only your hard panting and rapidly racing heart pounding in your ears. After a few anxious seconds of waiting in anticipation, even making you slow down your running to a jog, you, unfortunately, had to discover that you were indeed truly alone now.

They have really left.

You stopped altogether, leaning against a random near by tree and trying to calm down. Fear began to cloud over your mind as you let yourself sink down to the cold, moist ground and put your head in your dirty, bloody hands.

You couldn't believe it.

Was it on purpose or was luck not on your side this dreadful night?

'How am i supposed to survive on my own?' Dark thoughts swarmed your mind as your breathing miraculously slowly turned back to its normal, rhythmic pace. However, you couldn't stop a single tear from escaping your eyes as those thoughts pierced through any hope you had left.

''We're all going to die anyway.'' You whispered to yourself under your breath and stared forward into the dark abyss of a forest, the fog getting thicker with each passing minute. It was impossible to see far into the distance even with the help of the moonlight.

You sat there for a while, hugging your knees close to your shivering body, not knowing how much time has passed. It felt like a few seconds to you, but it probably was much more. To your relief, you managed to calm down and shoved all those dark thoughts aside, patting the pocket knife you had hid away from view.

You had to at least try.

Try to find the others, try to find the street, try to find a way out of this horrible nightmare, try to survive.

As you attempted to get up from your current position, you let out a hiss as pain errupted from your tired body, especially from your overused legs and feet, which were covered in a few cuts. Forcing yourself to a standing position, you began massaging your legs gently with your hands and hoped they wouldn't start to swell.