There's something about the way she is speaking that makes my stomach turn uncomfortably. Cian is a true manipulator to have her react like this. I bet it was one flash of that smile and a mention of that beautiful house he has on the hill, that had her falling right at his feet.

"You shouldn't be friends with him. I heard he's a bad guy," I tell her firmly, before walking into the room.

It takes me great effort to wade through the group of girls. They seem so entranced by Cian, that they don't notice me bump past them, as I try get to the couch where they sit.

The entire mood shifts when Cian notices me.

I know he is here for me. He's here to torment me, to ruin my life in every way possible for whatever reason. Why does he want to do this to me? Maybe he is interested in me like he insinuates, which I don't happen to believe. There is something else he wants from me, and I'm hoping I don't have to find out.

The moment he lays eyes on me, a devious smile creeps onto his face. Suddenly his attention is completely removed off the girls around him, and he focuses on me. He raises a finger and motions for me to come over to him.

I only do so because I want to kick him out of here.

"You need to leave," I say immediately, pointing to the door. Cian raises a dark eyebrow at me, as if I'm insane for coming up to question him.

"I thought you would be happy to see me, considering what happened last night," he taunts, dismissing girls who lean over for his attention. I don't blame them for wanting his affections. I'm not going to lie and say he isn't insanely beautiful. Those foreign looks are enough to have all these girls willing to drop their pants for him. And it's not their fault either.

I grit my teeth together, unsure of what he means by that. "Last night?"

"Last night, when you got drunk and we made out while your best friend laid incapacitated on the couch. That was until you passed out in my arms and I had to carry you to bed," he tells me. All the girls around us gasp and whisper between each other.

My cheeks flush bright red. I can't believe I let myself get drunk enough to forget what happened last night. I know he was in my house, because of the note.

But is what he saying real?

"You're disgusting. I would never kiss you," I snap at him. I can't help, as I say that, to glance down at his lips for a single moment. Did I kiss those full, graceful lips? I hope not...I have faith that my drunken self would never want to kiss Cian. However, there's doubt swirling in my stomach that I hope isn't suggesting what may have happened.

"We'll have to agree to disagree," he murmurs, before he stands, moving to brush past me. He pauses, leaning down to whisper in my ear. "But only one of us remembers what actually happened that night."

I follow him with my gaze as he walks out the room. A silent invitation.

Begrudgingly, I follow him. I don't want to give him what he wants, which is attention, but I need to get him out of here before he targets another girl.

"Why are you here Cian? What do you want with me?" I question, following him as he tucks himself into a small corner. I'm grateful for the privacy away from the other girls, who remain in the living room, buzzing about something.

"Can I not come to say hi to my friend? And her other friends?" he asks, shrugging his shoulders loosely. I fold my arms over my chest, making him sigh. "What if I can offer you a better job? It's not good to get into a job with an Alpha. Trust me, they are broody, complicated and all they want is...well, one thing."

I look away. I know what he is suggesting. "it's a shame I don't believe you."

"Noah isn't a good Alpha. He is secretive, manipulative and cruel," Cian tells me. I've never seen him be this serious before. I'm used to the cunning joker who charms all he comes across with his wit and humour.

"I might not trust Noah, but at least he doesn't stalk me across the Pack and manipulates everyone in this place to get in," I tell him. "I'm not interested in working for you, so you might as well leave right now. And for future reference, you've put me off from ever wanting to see you again. Got it?"

I take a moment to suck in a breath.

Cian doesn't react for a moment. A muscle in his jaw ticks, before both of our attention is drawn to a girl who comes up from behind me. I feel her hand slip into my back pocket.

"Oh, does this have the Alpha's name on it?" she asks. Her tone is slurred. Drunk. Good to know what kind of people Alpha Noah is hiring. I don't have time to worry about her inevitable hangover in the morning, as she folds open the note I was planning on burning.

"Give that back," I snap, reaching for it.

She tucks out of the way. "Not that romantic, but listen to this; Thank you again, Abella. I hope I get to know you better while you work here. Kindest regards, Noah."

The way she reads it is taunting, as she grins, circling around the other girls who are curious about why the Alpha is writing to me. When I glance back at Cian, his expression is stony, impassive, as he watches the girl with distain. At least for once we hate the same person. Even if it is for different reasons.

"Not even Alpha huh? That means he wants to see her again," one girl says.

"Goodbye assistant right," another adds.

My cheeks flood with heat, as I look around at the swarm of girls taunt me. All for a stupid note I didn't even consent to receiving.

And when I turn around, Cian is gone.

🖤••🖤

If you guys want to read Noah over ten chapters ahead, it's available on Radish (:

⚫️••⚫️

If you're interested, Sinful now has his own story up now on Radish!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼