Mrs. Devilonne huffed, before returning to her boring lecture which I refused to pay any attention towards.

-----------------------------

"Alice!" Bianca hissed, as she walked alongside me and Stefani. "You look like the living dead, what's wrong?" she asked with voice filled with concern and... irk?

I glanced down upon my ensemble quickly, scanning for anything that may have seemed out of place. I fixed my gaze upon my black jeans, dandelion-colored sleeveless shirt-------

"I wasn't talking about your outfit," Bianca said, rolling her eyes with exaggeration. "You have huge bags under your eyes! What've you been doing in the weekend?" she demanded, as she continued to eye me with disapproval.

I responded with a nervous laugh, before shrugging with what hopefully looked as indifference. "Nothing much. I had just slept late I guess."

"Sure, Al," Stefani said, her voice filled with nothing but sarcasm. Stefani had returned to her normal self, to my great relief. She had talked enthusiastically as she had normally, and she'd not once worn an emotionless mask. "We totally believe you."

"Yes, thank you Stef," I said with just as much sarcasm. "I'm glad you believe me."

"So, not looking for Dr-I mean, your Dalmatian gone missing, Alice?" Bianca saved quickly before anything else slipped. She gave me an uneasy glance in great haste, wishing that I had caught what she had meant.

"I have a dal-oh! No, I don't look for him anymore. He's lost," I shrugged, hoping dearly that I had sounded convincing though I had greatly doubted it.

Stefani looked as though she had not noticed Bianca's near slip, laughing even as I responded to Bianca's question. "You've been looking for a lost dog?" she asked, her voice light and showing no signs of suspicion whatsoever. "I'm sorry, Alice. I should probably give you like pity or something but I just-----I'm not animal friendly."

I grinned. "Yes, I have not seen him since... ever." That had been but the truth.

Bianca smirked, and went on to talk about the dog I had supposedly owned yet never existed. I had to admit, Bianca had been a professional at deceiving. For a moment there, I had almost believed I actually did own a Dalmatian dog.

"You owe me a dog," I muttered to Bianca, as I headed towards class.

"I know, I know. Almost mentioned him didn't I? Can't believe that guy is still seriously on vacation! Lucky guy."

I nodded, giggling slightly as I headed towards my next class. "Dogs, really? That's all you could come up with!"

-----------------------------

More days had passed.

No Drew, no answer. I had not the slightest idea as to why I could not quite take my mind away from thoughts about the incident. I could not understand why it remained in my thoughts after all the time that has passed. It had been days since I had slept a full eight hours. It had been days since I had last talked to anyone of my family.

And it had been days since I last talked to Amy. "Baby, are you in there?" I asked, as I knocked onto Amy's bedroom door.

"Alice?" I heard her coming towards the door. "I'm in here."

"Let me in?" I asked, although I had been certain the door had not been locked.

"Okay." As soon as the door had been open, Amy had clung to my leg like a magnet. She began to pull me towards what seemed like a huge pile of stuffed animals, surrounding an empty circle. Her room was as it had been the last I had come in here; the only difference was the great pile of toys which stood before me.