My Boy • V

The next day came and I felt slightly better about the whole situation, deciding I should try and go see Kento.

But I was walking through the park when I saw him...on his skateboard. He completely froze when he saw me and nearly fell over, but managed to catch himself at the last second. I allowed a small smile to come across my lips and I hugged my body tighter, watching as he approached me, almost cautiously.

"Hey," he said, still somewhat flustered from his near fall.

I lifted my eyes from the ground to his, "Hi."

He scratched his neck uncomfortably and looked around, "Uhhh."

I almost laughed and he saw the amusement on my face, "Loss for words? I never thought I'd see this day."

He seemed to relax slightly and actually smiled. That one action alone brightened up his face making him even more handsome than he already was. Inside, I think I melted. "Do you want to talk now, or is it not a good time?" He asked me and I hesitated but slowly nodded.

"That'd probably be good Idea." We sat down on the bench that was conveniently beside us and stared straight ahead, neither us of wanting to make the first move.

I was starting to get sick of the silence so I cut through it, "So, umm, listen. About last...night." I cleared my throat uncomfortably, "I'm sorry if I did anything to, uhh, offend you or anything." I finished off lamely. Offend him? I can't believe this. Since when did I become flustered around Kento? Oh yeah, since I had sex with him.

I thought I saw a hint of a smile creeping up on his' lips but I blinked and it was gone. "You didn't offend me at all so you don't have to worry about that."

I swallowed hard and another awkward silence came over us.

Partially, I still couldn't believe I had actually had sex with him and I was still in denial, hoping this was just some big nightmare and I'd wake up any second to my moma's voice or the screeching of some band on the radio. But I knew I wouldn't.

"We can just..." Kento trailed off and his eyebrows came together in thought, "We can try and forget it ever happened. I mean, obviously it's uncomfortable for both of us and we really aren't gonna talk about it much anyways." Inwardly, I breathed a sighed of relief and I loosened up, "I mean, I was the one who wanted to talk, but now...let's just forget it." He paused, "So?" He raised his dark eyebrows at me and I nodded.

"I think we should try."

Kento played with his skateboard, rolling it under his feet.

"So..."

"So..." he mimicked jokingly. "Wanna have another go at it?" I gaped at him for a few seconds appalled that just came out of his mouth. His eyes glittered with amusement and my eyes narrowing, glaring.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him off the bench, standing up. He stared up at me from the grass he was sitting on with some surprise and some...admiration?

"I was just kidding." Another silence, "So, uh, what now?" He asked and he picked himself up, brushing off the backside of his jeans.

I felt awkward now. It would be hard to forget about everything we did. I didn't think I could, but hell, at least I had some alcohol in me. I was pretty sure Kento wasn't anywhere near being drunk so he knew everything that happened down to the last detail. And for a moment, I felt pity for him. I think it would be hardest for him to move on from it, but he was willing, so I was too.

I knew I should've walked away, throwing a "see you later" over my shoulder, but for some reason I didn't want to. I didn't want to go back home to face my mom again for another college talk, Mel was at work, and Kento didn't want to go back to his dad. Then without realizing it, I asked with a shrug, "Want some ice-cream?"

He looked at me like I had just grown two heads - I didn't blame him - but then he retrieved his skateboard, "Uh, sure."

What did I just ask?