A few people were littered on the floor in the main living room and we stepped over them, trying to not wake them up. How could people be so careless? I thought, but immediately regretted it when I realized I was still here.

The car ride over to my house was silent and I was shifting uncomfortably in my seat, starting to remember how great last night was. I gulped nervously and the sound seemed to echo around the car. Before I could think, I asked, "So, you excited about UCLA?" I mentally slapped myself. We just had sex and I ask him if he's excited about college? Nice Raya.

He cast me a bewildered look and I was taken aback, realizing he never really showed emotions. He did last night, a voice said in the back of my head. He recovered shortly and nodded, "Yeah," he stopped there and I almost sighed.

I tried again, "Why?"

He looked out the window, leaning his elbow by the lock of the door. "To start over. I want to get away from here, away from him, and just try and make something of myself. I guess I just can't wait to go," he admitted.

He pulled up to my house and I got out, "Thanks."

He just nodded and stared straightforward, saying, "I'll talk to you later."

I didn't respond, instead, I made my way up to my house and let myself inside. I felt relief and safety and I slumped against the door, breathing in.

"And who the hell was that?" My moma's voice startled me, my heart jumping, and I placed my hand over my chest.

"Moma," I gasped out, "Don't do that."

She just looked at me, "Don't make me repeat myself Raya Jay Williams." she said again, this time more sternly. I panicked and I hoped it didn't show. "I thought you were over at Mel's ."

"I was," I lied. My moma gave me a quizzical look and I made up a story fast, "We got into a fight and I left and started to walk home. That was Kento. He found me and offered me a ride home."

"Kento?" Her face scrunched up in confusion,"The asian boy?"

I nodded and sighed, "Yup..the Asian boy." The one I slept with...

She looked at me and then sipped the coffee from the mug that was sitting in her hands, "What was the fight about?"

I blinked, "Ummm...dumb stuff. She said something that offended me or something and it went off from there. So if you don't mind, I'm gonna go and call her."

She stopped me as I took a step towards the stairs, "See, this is exactly what I'm talkin' bout. When I was in college," here we go, "I didn't get into petty fights with friends. I didn't get into them at all because education was my first priority."

I sighed and refrained from rolling my eyes. I wondered vaguely how she would react if I told her what really happened, but I decided against it fortunately. "Yeah, I know, moma. It was stupid and I see my mistake. I'm going to go and apologize."

"Good," she said and then turned back into the kitchen. "We're having dinner at six o'clock."

I nodded and skipped up the stairs, two by two.

I speed dial Mel's number when I got to my room, making sure the door was locked.

"Where the hell were you?" Came Mel's voice the moment she picked up.

I sighed into the receiver, "I'm fine, Mel."

"And hung over," she snapped. I was taken aback for a few seconds. "You have no idea how worried I was about you. You're lucky I said you were staying over at my house. I saved your ass." I stayed quiet, "Raya?"

"I fucked up, Mel," I said, somewhat softly.

She paused, "How big are we talking about?" I closed my eyes, shifting the phone to my other hand.

"I had sex with Kento."

There was silence and I was beginning to think she hung up. Then, "You what?" I shivered. Her voice was soft and I was thankful she wasn't the type of friend to yell when they're shocked. She never raised her voice or yelled at me when I made a dumb mistake.

"I slept with him Mel. I was drinking and lawd girl, he looked so gorgeous. I couldn't..."

There was silence again for a moment and I heard Mel sigh. "Ray... you're an idiot," she paused and another sigh, "Was the sex bomb at least?" Her tone was somehow hesitant, unsure.

This was her way of saying it was okay; she would make jokes.

"The best." Well, from what I could remember...

" Well, from what I could remember