Chapter 1: What am I feeling?

His heart was beating fast, those weird colored spots on his skin seemed to swarm and cover his body! The horrible headache, then the horns that were stuck to his head, and then the growing pain as his vision drifted higher and higher..

Steven woke up with a sweat. His body ached in irritation.
He clutched his naval where the Pink Gem lay and he sighed. Nothing, it's nothing, I'm fine. Sweat still rolled down his face and he gasped. Not out of surprise, but for air.
I'm fine, it's just a Dream. Calm down.
He stumbled out of bed and into the bathroom where he stared groggily into the fogged up mirror. The sweat had stopped, and his mind drifted away from the awful vision. His fingers stride through his hair.
"Steven? I heard a couple of noises, are you in there?"
It took a moment, but, Steven recognized the voice as Pearls and opens the door.
Although he stopped sweating it still clung to his face. "Are you alright?" Pearl asks, a look of sorrow and concern in her eyes.
"Oh, yeah? I'm fine. Just a nightmare is all."
"Alright we'll you get back to bed, I'll be in my room." She ruffles his hair and then strides out of the room gracefully, in an odd way.

Steven should've took Pearls advice and gone to bed, but his thoughts wouldn't stop spinning and he just had to do something else rather than think.
Steven slowly creeped up the stairs, making sure that the creaking of the wood didn't wake the Gems, or cause them to come look for him.
Steven finally reached the dome in which he stared at the old shriveled up plants he once use to tend to, uncontrollably.
He gave them a soft grin, even though 'they' wouldn't see it.
They wouldn't see his tears.

10:43 am

"Steven!"

Pearl came across Steven laying on the floor next to his brown dried up plants. His eyes seemed puffy, but Pearl shrugged it off. "It could just be eye bags?" Pearl thought, unsure. "He didn't get a lot of sleep anyways, makes sense."
Pearl lightly shook him awake and Steven started off the morning-almost noon day feeling fresh. Once he walked down back to his room he swiped open the curtains and shielded his eyes from a blast of beaming sun rays. The day was gorgeous.
But Steven wasn't.

After getting dressed and picking up his jacket that was discarded on the floor, he sprang out the door seemingly gathering a bunch of energy, although he was still extremely exhausted.
Striding across the beach watching the blue smoothie race to the shore, he sighed with relief although something was nagging at him. In his head.

I want to be free.

What are you?

You.

Whatever you are, you can't be free.

You're probably just something else trying to destroy my life. Like everything else.

Prepare; one week.

What are you even blabbering about?

Steven managed to get his thoughts under control, when suddenly he felt a tap of a familiar finger.

—————

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! It's my first book, so it's destined to be bad, short, and have mistakes. But if you follow me, vote, and even just simply read my stories you're already encouraging me to write more!

Thank you!