|| fifteen ||

Bekhayali mein bhi tera hi khayaal aaye

Kyun bichhadna hai zaroori ye sawaal aaye

Teri nazdeekiyon ki khushi behisaab thi

Hisse mein faasle bhi tere bemisaal aaye

Main jo tujhse door hoon

Kyun door main rahoon

Tera guroor hoon

Aa tu faasla mita

Tu khwaab sa mila

Kyun khwaab tod doon oo...

■■■■■■

||   f  i  f  t  e  e  n  ||

■■■■■■

India 2005

Manik stop it tumhe jaana nai hai" (Manik stop it, don't you have to leave) 

"I don't want to. There's this angel sleeping beside me how can I leave" he said nuzzling in her neck

"Manik Malhotra you have a night out at your house" Nandini tried to reason

"Fuck night out. i have you all naked beside me. You think I care about that night out" he said in excitement and claimed her lips

She broke the kiss "You have to go or else no touching from now on" she threatened

"You think I can stay away or you can stay away from me" he questioned

"I'll leave for Singapore then" she threatened more and he left her waist

"Fine. I'm leaving" he muffled and got up in search of his clothes

"Manik.." she called his name sexily while he was turned on again just by her voice

"yes jaan, he said excitedly

"How about we go for another and then you leave for the night out," she said with a mischevious smile and he hopped on the bed kissing her wildly.

■■■■■■

Nandini sat in the corner of the room and cried, she didn't know till what time but she locked herself in the room. She heard Manik banging the door asking her to open up about things, listen to her once but she didn't move. She head Piyaa coming too and asking about their shopping plan but still, she didn't respond. She kept sitting there in the dark corner. The dark corner was just like her heart void of any emotion. The return of Soha gave her those old memories that were buried deep in her heart. 

Manik was the one who stabbed her but he behaved like he was the one bleeding. She gave him everything love, trust, her soul, her body but she wasn't enough, the reason he needed Soha. She clearly remembers those incidents. If only she knew the guy she loved the most will the guy hurting her she would have never even let him enter her divine. She would have protected her divine, kept her distance from him. She would have never given him a chance to win her heart. 

Remembering those days gave her heartache, it was like herself stabbing her own heart with a knife until it bleeds oceans and stops beating. He was too charming to be avoided at those times, her memories clearly had him as a perfect person. Ten years, a decade it been so long she doesn't even remember how many nights she wished she just receives a drunk call saying he misses her, he can't live without her.

If only ten years ago when everything became chaotic he would have come to her and explained. She was so deep in love that even he would have denied he didn't sleep with Soha even though there was evidence she would have believed what he said. But he didn't show up. That proved he was guilty and ashamed. 

Piyaa is the biggest reality she has to face every day. every day she looks at Piyaa she is reminded of Soha and Manik's betrayal. Piyaa is the living evidence of his betrayal. How much she wished she could despise that kid for being Soha's daughter but she can't. She is Mnaik's daughter after all and she isn't the one who should be blamed for her birth. Piyaa's innocence is something that melts Nandini's heart every time she looks at her. 

Manik had a different story to say. Every time he blamed himself for his terrible mistakes, the people he called friends were the people who stabbed him at the back. The person his so-called mother was involved in ruining his life. even though she did not love him as her child but he was her child and that fact never changes. They created scenarios and perfect lie that he believed was true. He was so blinded by the friendship he didn't realize he was weaving his own death coat with the fake lies his best friend Dhruv feed him. He never believed Dhruv will be the one betraying life just played a bad joke by showing the true colors of his so-called best friend. 

"Why is Soha returning?" Mukhti whispered 

"Maybe she actually wants to just meet Piyaa" Abhimanyu justified

"That's impossible. It's Soha your talking about" Mukhti argued and Abhimanyu kept quite

"Abhimanyu teri chalti nai haina iske aage" (Abhimanyu you can't speak a word in front of her) Cabir teased while Abhi glared

"Cabir" Navya's loud noise made Cabir sit quite and gave a reason for Abhimanyu to chuckle

"Teri badi chalti" (As if you can speak) Abhi retorted while Cabir made a bad face

"Can you be serious for a minute please" Manik lashed out on his friends "Nandini has locked herself in the room since yesterday. Nor has she eaten anything. I'm afraid she might fell sick" Manik was concerned wouldn't be a proper word he was worried about the only women he loved the most. Nandini in his life is like breathing fresh air. It's like there's an hope to find water in a completely deserted island.

A/N: Dear Lovies!!! I am updating after almost two years. i can't believe time flew this fast. Originally the book was started in 2016 and it's 2019 going. In sha, Allah will complete it this year itself. I will be updating this book just like all other current works. I'm sorry for not posting it I might have just lost all the readers by now. Those who are still there I'm grateful for love support and your patience. 

Everyone knows Nandini's side of the story but no one knows Manik's side. There is his side of the tale left unsaid and unheard by Nandini. The next five chapters will have disclosure of secrets.