|| five ||

Kaali kaali khaali raaton se

Hone lagi hai dosti

Khoya khoya inn raahon mein

Ab mera kuch bhi nahi

Har pal har lamha

Main kaise sehta hoon

Har pal har lamha

Main khudh se yeh kehta rehta hoon

Tujhe bhula diya oh

Tujhe bhula diya oh

Tujhe bhula diya oh

Phir kyun teri yaadon ne

Mujhe rula diya oh

■■■■■■

  |  |  f  i  v  e  |  |

■■■■■■

India  2005

"Nandini when you will come to college" Manik said from other end of the phone

"Manik I'm with grandma and she isn't well at least for two more days" she said and boil water for her grandmother for medicines

"I'm missing you" he said and kissed the phone to which Nandini giggled

"I miss you too" she said

"And i love you"

"And I love you too"

She ended the call and gave her grandmother medicines with hot water. After completing the chores she laid on the bed and blushed at how deep she had fallen in love with Manik within two months.

A ring broke the chain of thoughts she looked at the caller ID and it was Aryaman "hey Arya"

"Hii Nandini how are you?"

"I'm fine... everything good you called so late"

"Actually I wanted to ask something since a long time but didn't have courage"

"Arya. Your my best friend talking to me you don't need courage"

"Do you actually love Manik" he asked witn a hope that she would say a no

"Yes..." it was all it took to shatter his heart into zillion pieces.

■■■■■■

India  2016

Manik gulped down another glass of liquor but the pain was too much strong to be satisfied just with ten glass of alcohol. He took the bottle and within second he emptied by drinking half of it still the pain throbbing in his chest on the left side was aching.

Although his throat burns due to sudden attack of alcohol all once at a time. He doesn't remember when last he clearly had alcohol it was long ago maybe ten years ago. There were several reasons for him to not drink. And all of superior was he never wanted his daughter to find her father an alcoholic.

Alcohol is heck another reason for his broken relationship with Nandini. Alcohol has damaged his life a lot. The person whom he used to address as friends were actually loyal apart from few. Nandini was right at time but he didn't listened to her. He valued friendship but at the end the person who betrayed him was friendship. He fought with Nandini tore her heart just to be with his friends but at the end when reality hit him he felt disgusted to call the loved ones once as friends.