Best Friends

Later That Night...

I was sitting in my room writing random stuff in my journal when I got a text from Jess about a party in La Plush. "Thank you, Jess." I knew Sam wasn't going to let me go by myself so who from the pack did I want to go with me. Leah. She was the only person I would want to go with plus it looks like she needs a girl night out. I went downstairs to see everyone including Jake eating dinner and going over patrol. "Sam before you continue I need to borrow Leah for tonight." Everyone stopped and looked at me weird while Leah had a smirk on her face. "Can I ask why?" Sam had an unsure look on his face. " Well I'm going out tonight and although I don't need a babysitter I'd rather Leah be that person so yes or no?" I crossed my arms and waited for my answer. Rosalie taught me how to be direct and intimidating when making suggestions with people. "Um, I guess that's okay." Sam looked at Jacob out the corner of his eyes looking for any confirmation. Jacob is in no form to say anything to me who cares if he imprinted on me.

"Well, I'm taking Leah upstairs with me." I grabbed Leah and rushed upstairs locking the door. "And what bad thing am I helping you with today?" Leah asked with her arms folded and a smirk on her face. "Well we're going to a party, and we are both wearing blue." I had a huge grin on my face. "Um, what makes you think I have anything feminine?" Leah was looking at me like I was crazy. Leah and I were the same people stuck in a stupid triangle well IDK what shape my situation was but I wanted to make her a happy person again being stuck here under Sam's rule must suck for her seeing him love Emily the way he used to love her. "Leah you are talking to Miss Teen Forks here I got you." Leah just groaned and rolled her eyes.

A few minutes and attitudes later we were ready. We both walked down the stairs dressed and laughing like idiots. "Well don't you ladies look nice." Paul was standing by the door with a grin on his face. "Damn Leah you look like a girl" I hit Embry upside his head even though it wouldn't hurt him. "Be nice and admire my work" I grabbed my purse and walked out of the house not even bothering to look at Jake in the corner with a sad look on his face. We arrived at the party and started to drink right there. I don't plan on getting drunk but just enough to be worry-free and forget my problems.  Leah and I were in a corner with a cup in our hands. Leah looked like she was having a good time. "You know he feels bad about what happened," Leah yelled over the booming music. "It doesn't matter anymore Leah imprint or not I'm going to date and continue with my life he can sulk forever for all I care." Part of what I said wasn't right maybe I should lay off the drinks. Leah just looked at me but didn't say anything more just started dancing.

It was 2:30 a.m When Leah and I stumbled in Sam's house she decided to stay over for the night. We were a little out of it but not full blown. It was just giggles and bad attempts at tiptoeing upstairs when we heard a voice. "Do you know what time it is?" We both jumped to see Paul with a smirk on his face. "Fuck Paul we thought you were Sam" Leah straightened up her posture a little at the sight of him. " Tisk tisk Leah you're a bad babysitter drinking while on the job." Paul was having too much fun with this. "Look we're going to bed wait why are you here." "I have patrol and just woke up from my nap on the couch you guys aren't that quiet. "

Leah and I just slugged passed Paul and crashed right on the bed without changing our clothes. I feel like crap. I didn't know what time it was, but I had to get up because Leah's body heat was making me sweat a lot. I looked around the room to see it was a mess. The time showed 5:35 pm shoot that's late. "Leah get up." Gosh, this girl is heavy. Leah picked up her head. I knew I looked worse than her due to her body probably burning the alcohol off faster. "Well that was a fun night we should do it again. I have patrol soon. I need to go home bye." Leah just climbed out my window leaving me to do the walk of shame to the kitchen. I got dressed with a mission to leave the house today. I walked downstairs to see Emily in the kitchen. "Where're the guys?" I asked grabbing an apple. "Oh, Kendra wondered when you would get up some night huh." I just giggled and scratched my neck. "They went to Billy's pack meeting about the newborns." "Oh ok well I'm off just to wonder." Emily just told me to be careful, and I was off. It sucked that my car was still at my house idk why I didn't think of driving off. I decided to walk into town and look at all the different stores.

I came across a book store and decided to go in. I went off to the drama section when a random boy came up and started talking to me. "Hey, Kendra right gosh it's a small world see you didn't get too messed up from drinking last night." He talked so fast I just looked at him with wide-eyes. "Wow okay um who are you?" I felt an energy coming from outside the store, and for some reason, I knew what that was. "I'm sorry my name's Darren. We danced, and you told me about your problems after you and your friend had nine drinks." Nine drinks what the hell Leah. "Oh well, it's nice to see you again and um how much did I tell you?" "Well, you werewolf friend is obsessed with a girl that's going out with your vampire father." HOLY SHIT. "Wow, I talk crazy when I'm drunk huh." Darren was seemingly calm, and that energy was getting very close." Darren just laughed and said, "Don't worry Kendra I'm the same thing you are so I'm not going to freak out and your imprinter is on his way over here." No sooner than he said that Jacob came over with Paul looking anything but friendly. "Not sorry to interrupt but she needs to come with me." Jacob didn't wait for a response but dragged me away. "Bye Kendra we'll be meeting soon enough." Darren just waved with a smile on his face earning a growl from Jacob as he pushed me out the door.

"What is your problem, Jake?" We were now walking down the street back to Sam's even though Jacob looked like he was ready to phase in a second. "What were you doing drinking in the first place your underage Kendra" "I'm sorry, but I left my Dad at home." Paul was fighting a smile on his face, but you could hear him laughing. "Paul shut up" Jake was in front of us now and was shaking very bad. "Sorry man but seriously Kendra I knew you guys got drunk last night but I didn't think it was that bad and what did that dude mean by he was just like you?"Jake kept walking, but I knew he wanted to know the same thing. "Well my blood isn't appealing to vampires; it's toxic to them." Paul looked intrigued. "So you're like a vampire killer of sorts." I just nodded my head. The walk was silent the rest of the way till we got to Sam's house where we saw Bella's stupid red truck.