The Truth

I woke up looking around the bedroom Sam and Emily set up for me. It was kind of them to let me stay here despite the fact I'm Jacob's imprint, and I lived with vampires. I remember crying myself to sleep last night wanting all of this drama to just go away. An army of vampires are coming, and the pack is getting involved. Not only will I worry about my family but now I'll worry about the wolves too. I'm so confused here I am thinking about that kiss at graduation with Jake when he apparently still has feelings for Bella, and I haven't really said I forgive you for the whole kissing her thing yet gosh this morning will be awkward.

I heard my door open, and I turned to see Seth standing at the door making sure I was decent. "Hey Seth" Even my voice was quiet was I really that depressed about everything. "Hey, Kendra Emily said breakfast is ready you can eat up here if you want me to bring you food" I knew why Emily asked me that Jake is downstairs. " No thanks, Seth I'll be down after I get dressed." Seth just nodded with a smile on his face and left the room. It was kinda weird wearing sneakers I was always in heels. I went downstairs seeing the pack at the table scarfing down the food like their lives depended on it. When I made it to the bottom of the stairs, everyone turned their head and looked at me.
I was nervous and felt like an outsider. "How do you feel Kendra?" said Sam. I'm guessing he's taking over as my father figure. "Just fine Sam" Sam just nodded as everyone went back to eating. I scanned the table and saw that there was space between Seth and Jake. I went over and just sat down making my plate. It was really quiet. I can feel Jake tense up every time I moved and the guys waiting for a reaction. "Jake are you okay?" I turned to him and asked after a minute of him tensing. Everyone stopped eating and looked at me with wide eyes. "Damn I lost the bet," Embry said he handed a grinning Paul ten dollars. "What bet?" I said ignoring Jake still looking at me like I was crazy. " Embry said you would start pounding Jake as soon as you saw him, but I knew you would talk to him that's not how you operate," said Paul. " I operate a certain way?"

"Yeah, it's like you have a method of how to say things it's probably how you were programmed by that lee.." "PAUL" Sam interrupted which I was thankful for. "Sorry," Paul said when he saw I was about to flinch. " It's okay, and I'm not mad at Jake he has the right to kiss whoever he wants it's not like we go out so" everyone again looked at me crazy. "My first mistake" Jake whispered but I along with the pack heard him. This time I stopped myself from looking at him and just ate my food. When everyone finished they all just relaxed in the living room while I decided to go outside. "Nice out here isn't it," Seth said sitting down next to me. " Yeah, it is I used to always sneak out here to La Plush and hang out with Jake to escape my life at home." That thought just made me sad but also wonder what Paul said was I really programmed by them. "Don't listen to what Paul said he's an idiot" We both starting laughing. "Thanks, Seth you're a good friend" "Well just doing what I know best" He patted my leg and walked off probably to go home.

I could feel someone else come outside and by the way, they hesitated it was Jacob. "Going home?" I said I didn't want to look at him the first time I did I almost melted he looked sad and tore up with guilt for kissing Bella, but I wasn't going to give into him this time. "Yeah, Billy wants me home" "Tell him I said hi" It was silent for a few and Jake didn't move an inch. "Why don't you um come with me and tell him yourself," Jake said. To his and my surprise I got up and said sure. We were walking down the road, and it was more awkward than ever which was killing me, so I'm going to say something about it. "Jake stop and talk to me" " How can you be fine with how I treated you" I kissed him to shut him up. "and that" "I kissed you to shut you up and it's like I said we didn't go out, so let's just put it all behind us"

Jake grabbed me to stop me from turning around. "You're my imprint Kendra. I can feel your pain." "That's the damn problem, Jake that's the reason why you suddenly care because I'm your imprint Jake you hung up on me because I didn't tell you my family were vampires if you never saw me that night and imprinted on me we wouldn't be here, and you'd still be in love with Bella." Jake just stood there wide-eyed with his mouth open. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt tears running down my face. " I'm going to take your silence as I'm right so I'll just tell Billy hi another time" I just walked past him back to Sam & Emily's past everyone and Embry grabbing the ten dollars from Paul slamming my door shut.

outfit for the day: polyvore.com/normal_day/set?id=41162651