Chapter 1

"Boarding school sucks." Cecil complained, yet again, twirling in his desk chair, as Will Solace tried to focus on his homework. Eventually, he decided to give up on it and turned to Cecil, his roommate. Cecil was an African American with startling blue eyes and mop of dirty blond hair.

"Yes it does my friend."

"I mean, I know I stole a couple video games but they were only 5 bucks each!" Cecil said, exasperated, and threw his hands in the air.

Will laughed, "You snuck into Big Lots at three in the morning and stole around six boxes of 20 video games each."

"And I would have gotten away with it too if they didn't have cameras." Cecil stood from the chair and dropped, face first, onto his bed.

Another bark of laughter escaped Will, "It's a store, of course it had cameras Cecil." He chuckled a bit more, "I'm surprised your parents sent you here instead of military school after they convinced the judge not to send you to juvie, this isn't exactly a school for delinquents."

"Whatever, I'm tired." His voice was muffled by his comforter. Then he crawled under his blankets. "Wake me up when September ends."

"September just began." Will pointed out as he rolled his eyes.

"Exactly. Now shut up and let me sleep."

Not too long after he said that, Will heard his snoring and decided he should sleep too. The homework could be finished during lunch, since the only homework he had left was for a class after lunch.

Will took his pajamas and changed into them in the bathroom, brushed his teeth and climbed into his own bed, across from Cecil's. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep either.

☀☀

Beeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeee-

Will heard Cecil's hand come down on the alarm clock and it shut off instantly. But Cecil didn't get up, he wasn't a morning person. Will, on the other hand, was a morning person and he easily got out of bed and grabbed his stuff to shower and get ready. When he did, Cecil was still in bed and he laughed. "Lazy ass."

Cecil grunted in response but didn't do much else.

Will rolled his eyes but smiled, "Well I'm heading over to breakfast." He grabbed his backpack and walked out, not before calling out to Cecil, "And hurry up or you'll miss breakfast, again."

As he made his way down the hall, he bumped into Jason. They were friends but they didn't talk much. Lucky him too, because Jason didn't have a roommate and didn't have to share. And it was the only spot left if another guy wanted to join the school.

"Hey dude," Jason greeted, "Where's Cecil?"

"Same as always."

"Just woke up?"

"Yep." They both laughed.

Further down the hall, they met up with Frank, Grover, Percy and Leo. That being because the very top floor was the boys rooms, the fifth floor. The one under that, the fourth floor, was the girls rooms. The two under that, the third and second floor were classrooms. And the very first floor was the dining room, library, kitchen, living area and a game room that was usually off limits until the weekends. But then of course there was a basement, where the staff lived, if they wanted to. Since the school was an old mansion, it was pretty roomy and awesome.