"It technically wasn't a mission!" Caden snaps back as he tries his best to ignore the twitching of her upper lip knowing it's her most prominent tendency whenever a nerve had been hit.

"Are you fucking with me? No seriously Caden, are you fucking with me?" Her words come out blunt yet sharp like the edge of a butcher knife and she eyes him down, staring deep into his deep amethyst orbs.

He knows his trodding on thin ice with her but he finds his right brow cocking up, and his lips moving, uttering a joke that he simply couldn't pass, "I mean, I wouldn't mind-"

"Are you fucking serious, Caden?" He voice level rises and she cuts him off, hiding the cringe on her face. She lets out a muffled squeal before twirling around and charging towards her dressing room.

And like the game of cat and dog they've been playing all day, the pink dreaded boy chases her down and grabs her by the arm, pulling her back into his proximity. "Ok, I'll be serious! I'll apologise for whatever I did if that'll make you talk to me again." His words are tone-deaf, carrying a heavy silence.

Her eye's drill at his dark coffee hands that engulf the entirety of her arm, making her feel little and small but there's a bizarre comfort to it, his ginormous limb warms her and she scrunches her face, urging herself to dislike it, "since when do you care whether or not we talk....loser."

He chuckles, a small warmness forming around his cheeks as he finds her hesitant insult endearing, "since forever, I don't know what makes you think otherwise?"

Violet's demeanour drops, her mouth flings open and her feline eyes widen, trying to process the tone-deafness coming from him, "tell me your joking, say you're joking," she deadpans and she rips his hold away, stumbling back in the process.

"What? Once upon a time you and I used to get along-"

"Then what happened? Huh, what fucking happened after that? Tell me!" Her tone suddenly toughens up, the robotic tone abandoned as nothing but fury and venom replaces it, screeching with so much hurt.

"I-I-I-"

"Exactly, you're a fucking coward! That's what you are," she spits out, her features creasing in disgust, "so you can take that apology and shove it right up your ass because frankly, I don't give a fuck anymore, continue fucking with me, harass me cause it gives you some sort of pleasure, you sick freak. Just stay out of the one thing that matters to me and that's being a fucking Zodiac, a hero." She didn't hesitate to dig deep, pour out a small ounce of emotions that's been building up for years.

The past was indeed catching up to the present.

"Are you seriously this hangover our mission? It wasn't even a proper mission-"

"You don't fucking get it, Caden. I-I-I don't need to explain anything to you, just let me get ready for this press conference, I've got a tournament to win!" Her explosion going on further, Caden practically seeing the steam streams coming from her ears and nose.

She feels her blood pressure rise, her body heat up and she trembles back, feeling a sudden wave of illness. Caden can only watch with concerned eyes as she stumbles away, gripping onto the walls as she uses them to guide her to her dressing room.

⌿⍀

There's a soft knock on the door and it sends a sudden pump of blood through her body, her eyes strips away from her reflection, taking a mere second to flick at the door, "who is it?" Leah slightly shouts, her voice not nearing the volume of a yell but it was audible for the knocker to hear.