iv.

- CHAPTER THREE-

- CHAPTER THREE-

BETRAYALS OF UNKOWN

⌿⍀

"We're gonna be late, where the hell is Ace?" Caden grumbles, pacing up and down the corridor of the common room, patience wearing thin.

"Calm your tits, I'm right here." Ace snorts, her voice coming from above, drawing their eyes to look up at the ceiling. The mischievous teen levitates up in their air, body practically attaches to the ceiling and she throws up a peace sign, her usual response to anything.

"Aww, how sweet, daddy Cade made everyone wait for me!" Taylor draws the attention back to the ground as he skips out of the dormitory hallway and into the common room, his pearly white teeth on display like an exhibition.

Unlike the rest of his team, wearing their purple and white Zodia school uniform, he's in his favourite stripey green pyjamas, the one with a massive hole in his lower thigh, the hole supposedly a 'lucky' hole. His smile contradicts his appearance though, the boy sporting a dried-up drool stain on his lower lips and his reddish-brown hair in a curly mess.

"Taylor! The hell!" Caden curses, frowning at the oblivious boy, watching him carelessly skip to the fridge and dig out a frozen burrito box and a carton of milk.

"Taylor, we have class in 20 minutes, you're gonna make us late," Paige calls out, taking it upon herself to inform the clueless boy.

"Oh, shit that's right," he gasps, finally realising why they are all in uniform, "but I can't leave the dorms without breakfast, you guys know how I get when I haven't had food!" He whines, dragging his frozen burrito into the microwave.

"What? Get more annoying!" Ace taunts, laughing loudly.

"AHAHAH, funny joke!" Taylor snarks, throwing a bit of frozen ice at Ace only for the piece to miss, fall and hit the roof of Abi's head instead.

"Oh my God, OUCH!" Abi shouts, shaking her red hair in an attempt to flick away the ice sheds, "Taylor, I speak when I say for everyone, this isn't funny right now, we're gonna be late for class and you know what happens when we're late!" Abi lectures, her beady dark blue eyes taking it upon them to send death glares at him.

"Well, who said you had to wait for me? You can leave without me," Taylor chides, not accepting the 'unnecessary' slander he was getting from his friends.

"He does have a point, so...bye." Violet monotonously shouts, on her way to the door.

"And that's why Orion wants you to work on your teamwork skills! Orion's said a million times that if one of us is late then we're all late, this is a one for all kinda deal," Paige shouts, making Violet stop by the door.

"Well, I guess I'm fine with us being all late then. I've gotta leave anyway, got that stupid homework to finish," she tsks, this time leaving the room without a word from anyone.