vi.

- CHAPTER FIVE-

- CHAPTER FIVE-

PEACE & CHAOS

⌿⍀

Peace is foreign, almost like an intruder, an uninvited guest that shows up at your front door, knocking ever so lightly that your ears fail to invite them in. Chaos is natural, almost like the innate action of breathing, it's subconscious but always happening, hovering over with every passing moment.

They live and breathe like this, the Zodiacs, welcoming chaos with warm arms, a hug of comfort whilst simultaneously turning their backs on peace, something they yearn for but simply cannot accept. The destiny of their lives are not mundane like any ordinary person, instead, they lie in the hands of chaos, the thought of peace is just a mere afterthought or just a dream.

Days have gone since the announcement of the Annual Zodia Tournament and the stakes have never been higher. The world is on edge, betting on the Zodiacs like a game of Blackjack, fans are loud of social media, getting into unnecessary fan-wars, supporting their favourite Hero, all without knowing the severity that lies behind those four forbidden walls of Zodia. Nothing but the thrill of adrenaline rushing through their veins as they hurl each other for the 500 valuable tickets to witness the biggest tournament live in Zodia.

And as they heave over the simplicity of their lives, the end of the world nears and Orion, the mastermind of it all has no clue how to break down the news and save the world, for the umpteen time. Stress clouds his mind and his absence lingers upon the Zodiacs, the angst of the teens elevating their melodramatic-selves.

"Seriously, you're still not talking to me?" Caden groans, his mannerisms exuding a childish tone, a dragging of words, almost sluggish and it irritates Violet and the short beauty ignores him, letting a bold scoff out whilst tightening the stronghold around her chest.

Caden doesn't give up, watching Violet's jet black hair bobble left and right, the slightly open window shutters reflecting light on it, highlighting the health of it. He quickly catches up to her again, a clear motivation to get her to talk to him.

"Just one word Violet?" He begs sounding so desperate she lets out a snort, finding him pathetic.

She gives in, "fuck off," are the words so perfectly announces, completing the request of the Metal Guru and her heels pick up the pace, taking light but quick steps deeper into The Dome building, eyes staring down her dressing room.

"Why are you always so angry with me? W-wait, let me rephrase that, w-what did I even do wrong, it's been days since our mission-"

"You made me fail my first ever mission, this isn't a joke to me, Caden!" Like an electric charge she snaps, stopping in her tracks like a deer in headlights and her head whips around, the jet black bob bouncing up and down at the sudden motion.