08 : Explaining

"I see red." Jonathan smirked when he received the same answer from the young blonde who he let go many many years ago. Carlisle saw the smirk and suddenly hugged Jonathan and the other returning the gesture.

"Good to see you too kid." Carlisle laughed at the nickname as he pulled away and shook his head at Jonathan.

"It's great to see you too Jekyll." Everyone else in the room were confused and shocked while Charles just facepalmed as he muttered to himself.

"So much for lay low. You just blew it you idiot." He deadpanned at Jonathan who laughed at him.

"I can't help it! This guy was under my custody for a few years before I let him go to seek a new way of living without having to involve human blood." Every vampire in the room tensed at the mention of human blood. They stared at Jonathan in shock while Charles just stared at him in utter disbelief while Bella was behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You have got to be kidding me Jon." He whispered but everyone heard it and turned to Carlisle for explanations. Carlisle grinned at everyone as he patted Jonathan's shoulder as he spoke.

"Jekyll here is the man that saved me and taught me a few things about hunting." Edward finally spoke.

"Jonathan? But weren't you turned like a long long time ago?" Charles sighed as he pulled at Jonathan's ear hardly that it turned red while answering Edward's question.

"We've been alive for centuries. Longer than Carlisle here did." His answer just confused everyone even more that Bella just sighed loudly and told them.

"They're immortals." Everyone turned to her as she stood beside Jonathan and Charles.

"They're my stepdad's great great grandfather. As unbelievable it sounds it's true because I've seen their proof." She added and they just stared at the two Dwyer.

"You guys saw it with your own two eyes so you'll know what she said is true. You guys did see our wings that night when we fought those vampires." Esme and Carlilse then turned to the teens who were more shocked at the information.

"Are you psychic?!" Emmett exclaimed loudly that it made everyone groan and turn to him. Charles shook his head as he pointed at Edward.

"I saw it through Edward when he patted my shoulder just a few moment. I can see the past of people as long as I get into physical contact." He said and explained before turning to Jonathan with a glare.

"And you just had to drop the bomb on them huh? What are we gonna tell uncle about them knowing that we're immortals? For all I know, he could send us to hell to make sure no one finds us." Charles said as he sighed. He glanced at Bella who interlaced her hand with his to calm him down and he smiled.

"I'm alright dear." Bella smiled at him and removed her hand from his then turned to the Cullen's.

"How about we talk about this during dinner? Then they could show you what they mean by immortal." Bella offered and all nodded.

• • • •

Eating dinner seemed a bit awkward for the Cullen's and Charles. Bella sent him a worried glance but he just smiled at her and send Jonathan a glare which made the other shiver at his glare. Despite being the son of the angel of death, Charles' glares just seem to be really deadly. If looks could kill he'd be surely dead right now.

Carlisle cleared his throat to catch everyone's attention and he did. He smiled as he glanced at Jonathan who nodded at him so he slowly started to speak.

"So remember when I told you that a man took found me in that potato cellar after my transformation? It was Jekyll or Jonathan as he said." Jonathan nodded as he took a forkful of his pasta.

"Well, when he found me he taught me how to hunt and control my thirst, which was really hard and strict. Charles was there too but we never really spoke a lot since I busied myself with training on controlling my thirst. I was doing well until I could no longer handle it and ran out into the forest and attacked a deer. That was when I realized that we vampires didn't need to drink human blood then started the 'vegetarianism'. I told Jonathan about what I found and he let me go after I answered his question."

"What question?" Jasper asked as he leaned closer.

"What do you see. That's the question I asked him since he was drenched in blood. He was practically wearing it like a cloak with a hood." Said the taller nephilim who chuckled reminiscing the sight of Carlisle all covered in blood.

"Yes, of course. After we let him go we continued to live on our own until we met the Smith sisters and David running in the forest away from other vampires who seemed to be hunting." Charles finished and sighed as he turned to Jonathan who held a smug look and turned back to him.

"What?" Charles only shook his head as they all finished up their meals."Not to mention we always get caught by hunters and they end up dead because of a certain blood shedding maniac." All eyes glanced at Jonathan as he chewed on his dinner.

"And that's that though sorry if I have an obsessive interest in shedding blood. It's in my nature and I have still yet to properly control it." Jonathan said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin and checked his watch. "But you can control it right?" Jonathan hummed as he turned to Rosalie and nodded. "Of course. It took me a few centuries to finally master it. I can't let all those training go to waste after killing someone."

Charles glared at Jonathan and stepped on his foot. "That we are sure to never have done since our arrival. My brother here tends to state a sentence, forgetting to have to ease others about us." Bella only sighed at her brothers. "Charles, please stop stepping on Jon's foot. I can hear his bones crack." Charles only smiled as he lifted his foot away from his brother.

Alice suddenly gasped and all heads turned to her. "Is something wrong Alice?" She blinked before speaking. "A red blur is coming." "Red blur?" Charles and Jonathan averted his away and Charles saw this and narrowed his eyes at him. "Is there something I wasn't told about?" Before Jonathan had the chance to answer, a red light engulfed the room. "As much as I'd love to explain our late arrival I can't help but realize how I miscalculated my arrival time." All turned to the voice and there they saw Charlotte, Amanda and David standing in the living room.

All vampires stood up in alert while Jonathan held a hand out and Carlisle told them to calm down. "These three are with us." Charles rose an eyebrow as he eyed the three that tried their best to not look him in the eyes and it pissed him off. Jasper looked over at Charles when he felt his emotion changed drastically from confused to furious. "Are you alright Charles?" He asked and the other only nodded though he was sure that Charles wasn't the least bit alright.

"This is going to take a while." Charlotte muttered as she noticed Charles' glare.