...

"I don't think that's a good id-"

...

"Yeah I get that but-"

...

You watched as Ji-ae's expression turned ghostly, the blood draining from her face.

She looked over at you, eyes unreadable as she lifted the phone away from her ear.

And towards you.

"H-he wants to talk to you" She stuttered out.

As much as you wanted to scream and yell and yeet the phone out the window of your 26th floor apartment you knew that if it wasn't now, the first time you talked would be face to face.

You couldn't think of anything worse than that.

After a moment of awkward silence you weakly held your hand out for the phone.

You brought it to your ear, unable to gather the courage to speak yet.

"Y/N?"

...

Your mouth parted as if you were about to speak but the words instantly got caught in your throat.

"Hello?" Jimin's beautiful sing-song voice came through the receiver again.

"H-hey" you squeaked out, the humiliation of your less-than-cool first words to him quickly dawning on you and making your cheeks flush.

"Hey... uh- long time" He replied, seemingly sounding just as nervous as you were.

"Yeah... long time" You mimicked

...

"So-uh- you're free Wednesday?" He asked

"Yup"

Wow... I'm failing so hard at this...

"What time do you think you'll be free? I have the day off so..."

The strangeness of hearing his voice speak to you directly making your voice shake as you answered the first time that came to mind.

"Noon"

"Okay! Um- noon it is.. But is it okay if you meet me at Bighit?"

Your stomach dropped as you realized that you would have to go back to that building.

Where else was he going to meet me? At f**king Starbucks?

He's a goddamn celebrity...

"S-sure" you answered flatly.

"Ok-"

"MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!!!"

Min Jin's voice suddenly appeared from in front of you.

You hadn't realized he had crawled around the coffee table to try and scare you.

You froze at the presence of your son, praying his curious little mind wouldn't wonder who you were talking to.

"Hi baby, Mommy's just on the phone right now why don't you go play with the new trains Grandpa got you!" You cooed, nudging him in the direction of the tracks laid out on the floor.

"Mommy who's that?" He asked, pointing to the phone pressed to your ear.

Oh no...

"Is that Min Jun?" Jimin's voice interrupted.

"I-uh- it's just mommy's friend little mochi." You stressed.

"Little Mochi?" Jimin echoed, confusion clear in his voice.