Chapter 4

"Excuse me, Mr. Pak" the nervous assistant fumbled out, bending down to speak to Sung-Ho.

You were staring out at the table, unable to reciprocate the laughter being passed around after seeing Jimin enter the room.

Please don't see us, you pleaded in your head

Please for the love of god do not see us

"Excuse me for a moment folks, I just have a little business to attend to" Sung-ho's kind yet authoritative voice boomed from across the table.

You watched as he disappeared into the banquet hall, shadowed by his assistant.

The table broke out into various conversations, allowing you a moment to speak privately with Ji-ae.

"Hey Ji," you said in a shaky voice, nudging the girl beside you with your elbow, "D-Did you see who just came in?"

Ji-ae looked over at you, brows furrowed as if she had no idea what you were talking about.

"Who?" She chirped, bringing her champagne flute to her lips.

"Him" you muttered out

She just furrowed her brows further.

"Huh? Him who?"

"You know who!"

"Um- no I don't?"

"Him! Him him!"

"Jesus Y/N who the hell are you taking about?!" She piped up a little louder.

"JIMIN FOR CHRISTS SAKE!" You shouted, immediately slapping your hand over your mouth.

"Sorry, please excuse her, she has like... a tick or something" Ji-ae offered out to your table of on-lookers.

You nervously brought your glass to your mouth, emptying it before slamming it back onto the table and smiling at the concerned execs.

"Sorry" you mouthed, flashing them a guilty smile.

You were met with a few weird glances before they continued back to their conversations.

"Wow Y/N were you trying to tell me or the whole damn party?" Ji-ae laughed, re-filling your glass for you.

"It's not my fault your best-friend-telepathy is broken" You grumbled, taking a large gulp of your newly filled glass.

"I don't think I'm the one who's broken.." she muttered back, clinking her glass against yours, "Anyways, are you sure you saw him?"

"Plain as day. As f**king devastatingly beautiful as ever..." you mumbled, narrowing your eyes at the table's centerpiece.

"Well even if he is here, the party is big enough that maybe he won't even see you."

"Mommy look!" Min-Jun squealed from beside you.

You looked over, smiling at the tower of baby biscuits on his plate.

"Wow, very cool!" You smiled, leaning over to admire his work of art.

"It's a tower! And this is a monster! Rawrrrr!"

You laughed as he marched the biscuit in his hand onto the plate, ramming it straight into his tower and knocking them across the table.

"He's quite the character isn't he?" One of the female execs cut in, smiling adoringly at your son.

You pecked the boys cheek before ruffling his hair.