15 June, 2019.

Today morning I woke up to an argument about me. According to Alex, he is the one who has the most housework while I just have 1 or 2 tasks here and there. Mom and dad were trying to defend me.

What's my view you ask? Well, sure, recently I haven't done a lot of house work but that's mostly because my exams just got done and I was in an urgent situation and my mom didn't want to make me more stressed by giving me more work.

Alex got his wish tho. I diced tomatoes and onions in different ways as the dish required and cut and squeezed lemon juice out of a lot of lemons. It takes time dude.

I watched the BTS Festa 2019 vids and songs today. BTS Festa is a yearly event/period which takes place around 13th June, to celebrate BTS' debut anniversary. Here's this year's timeline:

I'll say a line or two about each of these

Family Portrait(s) #1- This was a very interesting set of pictures. Each member was dressed up and had a background which symbolised their own solos that they've released either in a BTS album or a solo mixtape. So we had Agust D Suga Serendipity Jimin, Daydream JHope, Euphoria Jungkook, Singularity V, Epiphany Jin and Persona RM (It's amusing how unlike the other 2 rappers, RM's concept didn't include his mixtapes, even though he has two of them). What's even more interesting was that they had pictures where two members posed in one photo, albeit being in their own backgrounds. What a lovely concept!

BTS Photo Collection 18/19 - These collection of photos made us re-live BTS' 2018 and 2019 releases. The photos mostly consisted of their award show appearances, MV filming and their World Tour shots.

Anpanman by BTS - This was a BTS self cam of them performing their song Anpanman at their recent Rose Bowl concert. It was FUNNN! I had a smile throughout the video. :)

Jin's song "Tonight"- BTS have always released atleast one original song for every Festa and this year, Jin came out with one. I feel happy knowing that I have been following BTS at a time where Jin is able to showcase himself so much. Cause Tonight is a very beautiful song. Jin is really a strong vocalist. He's always been praised when he sings emotional songs and rightfully so.

BTS Choreography Video #1- This was the practice video for MIC Drop's extended version that BTS have been performing since 2017 end of year award shows. Oohh, this dance break has always been one of my favs.

Bangtan News- This was showcased like a newspaper article where each member of BTS was asked about their Grammys experience. In summary, everyone said that the Grammys was an amazing once in a lifetime experience for them but they'd like to make it more than that. They heavily praised the level of performances they witnessed. They're thankful enough to have been invited to the Grammys but ambitious enough to want to perform on the that stage once.

BTS Choreography Video#2- This was a Spring Day dance practice video. But instead of embodying the emotional tone of the song, they were being their goofy self. JK tho!

Family Portrait(s) #2- This one had BTS donning suits, posing individually as well as a group. Both normal and playful pictures were included. Nice.

Euphoria: Piano Version - As the title suggests, this was a subtle piano version of Jungkook's Euphoria. I really love the original track so I had to like the piano one as well. But the highlight of this release was not the song but the video that was released along with it! The video showed never-seen-before clips of Jungkook which were filmed by the other members, his hyungs. It showed JK through their eyes and it was adorable! They appreciate their maknae a lot. Precious!

BTS Profiles- Each BTS member had to write their own profiles as well one for another member and one for the team. This was a way to understand more of what BTS think of themselves and the relation they share with the other members. I really like written stuff like this that give us a glimpse of what the members feel.

Bangtan Attic- Released on 13th June aka BTS' official debut date, this was an hour long video of BTS opening up about their childhood, pre-debut selves, the difference between their BTS and non-BTS personas and on what way do they think the other members have changed over the years.

Even though I have heard some of these before, here's what they said about each member. 

Suga- JHope tried explaining how Suga was in the past and the members, especially RM, understood what he meant. But as a viewer, I'm confused. I think what JHope was trying to say is that Yoongi entered BigHit with hopes of being a spitting rapper cause that's where his interests have always been. As a result, his demeanor was mostly rapper like. And this has changed over the years. The members were in agreement that Suga has become "more himself" over the years. He has calmed down but also retained his outspoken self. He feels more natural now.

Jungkook- The members think that Jungkook has matured the most out of all BTS members. That's probably because he debuted when he was very young and in Suga's words, he had to understand the world of an Idol before he got to know himself. He seemed very selfish and closed up back in the day but has now come to think of and care a lot about others as well. More like he's able to show this side more now than ever before.

RM- Jungkook revealed and the other members agreed and that when BTS first started out, RM (Rap Monster back then) was way too hard on himself. As a leader, he kept monitoring everything and constantly worrying about them, despite being advised by members not to. This led to some of RM's worst times. But he has now grown out of it and is busy living in the moment. Something that the other members appreciate.

Jin- RM said that he couldn't understand Jin before because of their different personalities. From what I understood, when Jin joined Big Hit and subsequently the BTS line up, he was sorta made to hide his real self and pretend to be someone who he was not (this isn't really surprising if you know the journey of the idol industry). Even though he was generally quiet as a person, the concept given to him made him extra quiet back then. Eventually, during and after the Fire era, he was able to come out of that shell and behave more naturally.

V- BTS members (mostly Jin) have many a times- especially in their early days- called Taehyung the weird and unique one. If you see their older videos, you can understand what they mean. He has never really tired to act different as an idol. But they do agree that him and his personality was and still is one big crowd puller. Taehyung has had the most positive change amongst all the members and according to V, it's because  he now focuses on what makes everyone happy, instead of just himself. That's a great thought, V.

Jimin- It seems like Jimin struggled with the early BTS concept the most because no matter what he did, it looked like he was trying too hard. But maybe that's because he was. Jimin admits that he has always had troubles with handling 2 different personas. According to V, since Jimin is able to express himself more now than during their debut, he has become less anxious and more comfortable in his own skin. The Jimin he is today suits him the most. The angry young Jimin has become into a harmonious young Jimin.

JHope- When Hoseok joined BigHit/ the BTS line up, no body really agreed that his stage name suited him for he was a super serious human back then. But as time went by, he gradually lived up to his name and became BTS' hope. They did say that JHope is one glue that holds BTS together which I felt really nice to hear. Having said that, Jimin doesn't think JHope has changed so much since debut as he has been amazing throughout.

As I said before, I really like it when BTS members self reflect (or self reflection as a topic in general) so it felt very nice watching this video.