:o)

The pines towered overhead, casting long shadows over the needled and leafy ground. The air stood as still as the Watcher of Eternal Flame and the Demon of Ghost's Creek. Dark clouds covered the sky, hissing away at the ever glowing (Father) Sun. The feeling of an evil presence watching loomed over Albert, making him look all around himself as he walked down the badly named Trail of Deadly Trial. The name helped none at all. The trail entered his thoughts, making him pick up pace. Albert stopped, noticing the sudden pile of foliage in front of his path. He looked up the stack to see a stricken opening in the trees. He shivered, not wanting to know what caused it. Albert turned around, but felt himself unable to move. A loud screech tore through the forest, making Albert cringe and fall to the ground, covering his ears. A puff of smoke cleared through the stack of foliage, arriving before Albert as a raven. 

"You must leave this realm before they realize you are still here. You must go!" The raven called out to his Conspiracy of Ravens, landing and taking a strong grasp on Albert's shoulder. 

"What if I don't leave?" He asked, standing again. He was unsure why he was defying the words of a motherfucking talking raven, but he was.

"We will lead you out" the raven inserted his claws into the skin of his shoulder, "We have no time for your useless questions like yours. Now, you must go!"

"No! I don't want to!" Albert didn't know where this confidence and defiance was coming from. He wasn't normally like this, especially not to talking birds.

"Foolish child. You will die in their hands if you continue to travel this trail and stay here!" The raven turned again into a cloud of smoke. "Now, go!"

"NO!"  He shouted at the smoke cloud, pushing it away and turned back to the foliage. "And I am NOT a child!" Albert hissed back at the cloud who turned to a raven again. He no longer cared about his sudden defiance, but had his  anger take over his actions. Why was he mad? He didn't care about that either.

"Fine, then. Continue, if you must. Take note, however, CHILD, I will not protect you." With that, the raven flew off, joining his Conspiracy. Strange, Albert thought before walking down the path again. The foliage stopped him. He tried going around, but it sloshed to his side. Albert grumbled, going to the other side. Yet again, the foliage followed him. So, Albert did the only thing in his mind. 

He fucking climbed it. Well, tried. He fell.

And fell

And fell

And fell

And fell

Until...

"OWH!" 

Albert shot awake, looking around him. He was home. Must have been a dream... He yawned, rubbing his eyes. Albert stood and went to the kitchen to see... nothing. He hadn't moved the box from the table. Instead, a note was placed there. Albert was at least a little mind freaked (kudos if you get the reference).

Hello again!

Don't worry about the box being gone, it's still with you! I thought I'd clean it up a bit, so the box itself has been put in the trash bin. The papers were put in your desk drawers! Nice and easy to find!

Sorry if that worried you!

-xxx

Albert nodded to himself. A crazy person breaking into my house and knowing where my room is. PERFECTLY NORMAL HAHA- Where's my phone- Albert wanted to call his friend before the police. Nothing was stolen, so what's the harm? Other than his house being broken into. Yeah, he needed to talk to someone. Jake wouldn't be able to answer the phone, he was off on a small vacation with Ally. So, the only person who always seemed to reply and hadn't blocked him...

G0Z. Er, Annie? No, he preferred G0Z. 

Albert: Hey, G0Z!

G0Z: Oh, hello! :o)

Albert: Can we talk? 

Albert: Like, through a call or something?

G0Z: Well, sure! If it's really important, we could meet up!

Albert: That might be better, yeah

Albert: I remember the directions to the Circus

Albert: Or do you want to meet somewhere else?

Albert: Sorry for spamming you with texts. I'm just kind of worried and freaked out

G0Z: It's quite fine, Albert!

G0Z: And, I know a good place where we can talk privately! :o)

G0Z: It is somewhere hidden in the circus though.

G0Z: I know a shortcut for you to get there easier though! Follow the Trail of Deadly Trial. It's not as bad as it sounds!

Albert: Alright! I'll go now :o)

G0Z: Haha! Okay! :o)

Albert: :o)

G0Z: :o)

Albert: :o)

G0Z: :o)

Albert smiled in actuality, for no apparent reason, as they did this for another minute. He pocketed his phone and keys, walking out of his house and looking for the Trail. He found it quite quickly and went through his dream. Large pile of foliage, a loud screech, puff of smoke, raven, and a conspiracy. Albert sighed softly, worried about what could happen if his dream were to happen. To distract himself, Albert played Dollhouse (the song at the beginning of the chapter).  He went down the trail, looking up at the sky for any hints of ravens or smoke.

None, yet. 

"He's here"

"He's here"

((A/N: Hey, kids! Sorry for the shorter chapter. I tried to lengthen it but ughhhh I'm very excited for the next chapter. It'll be back to the 1000+ word count there, I swear!))