.

.

.

"sigh, Dream, i'm really worried... it's not good for someone like you too bottle things up, you know that... please, just open the door..."

'click'

I open the door to face Ink, a worried expression on his face, He was holding a cup of hot Chocolate, still warm. He gives it to me, "I know it's your favorite, come and sit with me, lets see if talking it out will cheer you up, i could feel the waves of negativity through the door" He jokes, "ah, not the time, i get it" he replies to my silence, We sit down on the living rooms lively colored couches, I take a sip of my hot Chocolate, feeling the sensation of my tongue getting burned "so... what's wrong?" He starts the conversation, "... a lot of things" I reply, not knowing where to start, "...okay, is there any connection with all those problems?" Ink asks me, his colorful eyes changing shape every so often "yes" i reply, He stays silent, waiting for me to carry on, when i don't, he asks another question, "...so what is it?" He Asks, i take my time to answer, occupying myself with my Hot chocolate, once it's completely finished, i place the now empty cup on the coffee table, "it's about Nightmare".

After explaining how the Fight went, We both stay silent, after awhile i ask Ink a question, "Ink... am i a bad person?" I ask, my hands slightly shaking, He thinks about his answer a bit, making me nervous, after a minute or so, he replies "Dream... we all feel like we are a bad person at some point, Even i do, The god of creation! We all do bad things, Hell, I've done bad things, No ones perfect, including you dream" His answer helps a bit, but not completely. "It's all my fault though, Nightmare... it was all my fault and i was so blind it took a brick with the message on top of it for me to realize it... it's all my fault isn't it? Ink?" I ask him sadly, "Yes it is Dream... but you can't change the Past, only determine the future, I can't help you on how to get there, but i know that there is a future, where you and Nightmare care and love each other, in all your brotherly Love. It's now your choice to how your future turns out, not mine, not Errors, only You and Nightmare can decide it now" Ink replies with a smile, "but... what if he doesn't what that?" I ask him, Ink grins at me "then make him!" He laughs slightly, I stand up, feeling determination flow through my body, "your right! thank you Ink" I smile at him and run off, know what i have to do.

Ink's P.O.V

He runs off, Determination evident in his eyes, The plan he will make is going to change this stories ending, i'm glad this story is one of the nicer ones, but then, i only know the ending, i don't know how he will get there, but he will, There are some things that i would of prefer to not happen, but i cannot change this story, after all, it was your choice for it to be like this, isn't that right? it is your choice if i will be crazy, or if Error is doomed to be unhappy, it is your choice for who we focus on in this story, and in the next one, who knows what will happen. You can choose for any outcome, any ending, or i guess you could call it... a new beginning, in a sense. After all, after this story ends, a new one will continue to satisfy your desire, but who am i to judge? After all, Desire and Determination are powerful things.

i just hope you continue down this path of happiness, for me And my friends sake, and also yours.

Dreams P.O.V

I know what i have to do, it's dangerous, it's stupid in a sense, and i could do many other things, but i just have this feeling like i have to do this, almost like a story, in a way. I've always been told to trust my instincts, no matter my doubts... nightmare told me that.

Time skip

Nightmare was facing me, well, more like glaring. He wasn't happy i was here, that's for sure, I held the very important item in my pocket, out of Nightmares view, for now. "Nightmare... i'm so sorry, your right, i'm a horrible person, I had no right to say and do the things i did, i was wrong about everything, i was blind right from the start, and that affected you, so, so, much." I was holding back from crying, i felt so horrible, and saying it myself made it true, "Your right, i have no right to be your Brother, you deserve to hate every bone in my body, I treated you and your family wrong and i'm so sorry for that" Silent tears were falling from my eye-sockets, Nightmare had yet to notice, or was ignoring it. He seemed shocked, maybe happy? whatever he was feeling i could feel was good, so i carried on "I am so sorry, to you, Error, Killer, Dust, Horror, Lust, Cross... i'm so sorry, and you need to know that, I only wanted my Brother back and that made me think that i should sacrifice everything to do it, i tried gaining something i already had, making me lose it in the end" I was sobbing, croaking out my words as i did so, He stayed silent, "i so so sorry" I stayed silent, waiting for his reply, I closed my eyes tight, afraid, in all honesty, I felt a goopy tentacle touch, i open my eyes to see Nightmares uncertain face.

"You mean that?" My brother asked me, I nodded, unable to trust my voice, He goes quiet, i feel like smiling, i haven't seen my brother this vulnerable since the accident, It gives me hope, Hope i can fix things, even if it's just a little. suddenly his face contorts into anger and something i can't recognize, all i know it's not good, suddenly he asks me a question i wasn't expecting, "How can i trust you?" i take a moment to fully comprehend what he said. This is the perfect chance "with this" I reply.

It was like it all happened in slow motion, I grab the Black apple from my pocket, his eye goes wide instantly, and just as i was about to ea into the apple, a tentacle wacks it out of my hand, "ARE YOU AN IDIOT!?" nightmare was... crying? what? "i... i just wanted..." i suddenly realize how stupid it was, why did i think it was a good idea? i would never do this... so why? i really am an idiot "You really are an idiot..." Nightmare sighs, "Dream... i forgive you," My eyes widen, "really? you do?" I ask, like a kid asking if they are really going to an amusement park. "i wouldn't of said i if i didn't mean it" He says grumpily, yay! old Nightmare back! (note sarcasm) I chuckle, He grabs the apple and throws it into a black portal, "Anyway Dream, I feel like you should properly be introduced to the Gang" He smiles at me, and we go to Nightmares castle.

Inks P.O.V

"Interesting, isn't Error?" I look towards the Black glitching skeleton beside me, "YeS VEry sTRanGE" he agrees with me, "Ironic, isn't it? They decided there own story, and broke fates Chains, The story wasn't mean't to go like this, but i prefer it, don't you Error?" He nods "iT REmiNDs YoU OfF AnoTHer stOry, DoesN't iT?" he winks at me, jokingly. We laugh. "yes, that old one. I liked the ill-tempered skeleton with a bad fashion sense, what about you?" I laugh at him, he grins "WelL I PreFErRed tHE StrANge ArTIst wITH thE MEmoRY Of a gOldfiSH" He laughs, "HEY! I'll tell you that that skeleton is also very handsome!" We laugh more, It goes silent, "too bad it's over now, i liked this one" I state sadly, "yEAh wELL," he makes me face him, "YoU'lL SaY ThE SamE THinG WITh tHE NExt One" We laugh some more, "yeah your right, anyway, lets go."

1932 words

Crimson