Chapter 5

Nick has been picking me from work and we sometimes go out to have drinks and chat and sometimes to we just sit in his car and chat.

He has told me so much about his family, how his uncles wife is nuisance to him.

I asked him why he wouldn't move out and get his own place, he just laughed at me and told me they are not in the same house a wall separate them but both can enter into each other's compound easily.

I grew fond of Nick and we began to date, he been the gentleman he is never kissed or touched me inappropriately.

We've known each other for months now until one faithful Tuesday he decided to kiss me immediately I sat in his vehicle.

I was shocked off course but I kissed him back after the initial shock, things got heated up but one of us had to control themselves so I broke from the kiss.
I don't
"Nick, stop we are taking things to far and I'm not ready for sex. So please stop." I said gently pushing him.

"Why did you stop, don't you love me any more." He questioned, lust clouded his eyes.

"I told you since last two years I gave never loved or bedded another woman after what my ex did." That perked my interest more.

"Tell me more about what happened with your ex." I asked him as he took my hands in his to play with.

"Well she was pretty just like you, her name was Annabel, she was funny and caring and anything a guy could ask for. We've been dating for so long but we promised each other no sex before marriage." He paused to look at me if I was listening.

I rested my head on the back of the seat and closed my eyes when paused I opened them to see him starring at me.

I widened my eyes a bit and he shook his head and smiled at me.

"Her family knew me and mine knew her as the lady I'm going to marry. Almost all of my friends knew that I was dating her. A time came she started acting strangely when ever I want to see her she makes up excuses to avoid seeing me."

"This bothered me a lot, I talked to my sisters about it and they asked me to give her time and space which I did. It was getting to almost four months and we only talk and text on phone."

"No seeing each other, no physical contacts. When ever I ask her she is home she tells me no she wasn't.0

"When I couldn't bare it any longer I drove to her house. It a little bit far from where i stay but I still drove the car there."

"Did you wrong her or say something she didn't like. Or perhaps you guys fought" I asked trying to know why Annie as he calls her is trying to avoid him.

"Nothing of that sort happened to us, I don't know thou but the last time we parted ways she was happy and all smiles."

"So I went to her place without informing her, I knocked on her door several times before someone opened it and what I saw nearly took me to my grave."

What could have Nick saw or whom did he saw at the door.

Don't forget to vote and comment.