I did my best to stay ignoring him, but soon my resolve broke. I whimpered before I faced him, gripping his shirt. I kinda felt bad for ignoring him. I mean, it was my fault in the first place, I knew that. Like, I shouldn’t have done that. If I wanted to touch him, I should’ve just touched his hand or his shoulder so he could still drive properly. Oh my god, I really was a distraction!

“I'm sorry…” I whispered in between a whimper and a croak.

He mumbled that it’s okay but I still felt somewhat guilty. I apologized several times more until it felt tiring. He just listened and nodded, smiling. He gave me a five-second peck on the lips that I found so sweet. It made me smile and snuggle into his chest.

“How about you sleep? You told me your address earlier so I know how to get to your house. I’ll wake you up once we got there,” he said after a moment of comfortable silence.

I looked up. He kissed the tip of my nose that made me giggle because it tickled. I nodded and was about to move back to the passenger’s seat but he stopped me by tightening his embrace. “What?”

He gave off a sound that could only be described as complaining. “I meant it by you staying here on my lap.” His eyes were closed while he was rubbing the tips of our nose together, with the occasional pecks here and there.

“Uhh… you’re driving?”

“I can manage.”

“Then—“

“Just don’t touch me on… places.”

I raised an eyebrow but couldn’t help the smirk that found its way on my lips. “Whatever you say, expert.”

He playfully glared at me and punished me with a kiss. I sighed happily. If all the punishment I would get would be kisses and stuffs, then I won't hesitate to do something… bad. Wink wink.

I pressed myself against him as he started the engine again. I kissed his adams apple and he grunted. “Don’t start.”

I giggled. “Sorry.”

After our little drama, he resumed driving. He might not know it, but I noticed how he lessened our speed compared to earlier. I mentally laughed because I didn’t want him to know that I knew.

I closed my eyes and let his heartbeat be the music that I heard until I fell asleep, along with him tapping my lap when he didn’t have to use his right hand to change gears.

I felt good to feel like a two-year old again.

It didn’t take us that long when I felt him shaking me. I fell asleep but it was so short and light that I woke up right away. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, taking the sleep off it. I felt so comfortable sleeping on his lap that I just wanted to stay there all day, but couldn’t.

He opened the car door for me and I got off his lap so we could both get out of the car. What I saw made my jaw drop.