"Are all your injuries healed now? They looked pretty bad yesterday."

"Yeah, everything is all healed." John replied, not bothering to look up as read through his papers. This caused him to bump shoulders with, surprise surprise, Arlo.

Bruh. Are they soulmates are sumn?

The moment Arlo saw that it was John who bumped into him, he froze, eyes widening. Y/N could almost make out the tiniest bit of...fear? She never thought she would ever see that look on someone like Arlo. John merely stared at Arlo with an annoyed expression, yet it was cold and intimidating at the same time. This is worse than I thought. The disagreement Arlo said they had must've been bad.

Unfortunately, Arlo's blue haired friend didn't tolerate the 'disrespect.' Just as he was going to yank John's collar back, a S/C hand caught his wrist swiftly.

"Don't even think about it."

Does everyone at this school just like to hurt John for no good reason? She rolled her eyes at his pained expression and let go of his wrist that now sported a bruise. I used too much strength again. He's lucky I didn't accidentally break his arm. Actually, that might've been kinda funny.

The blue haired guy glared at Y/N, clutching his arm. "Look what you did you stupid bitch-!!"

"Stop." A commanding voice interrupted. It was Arlo. He leaned in, making a bead of sweat trickle down the blue guy's face. "Aren't you one of the strongest here? Aren't you powerful? Then why don't you do something productive? Instead of wasting your time in front of these useless humans." It was clear he was referring to Y/N and John.

Did this crusty hoe just call me a useless human?

The author popped out of thin air, muttering under her breath. "I mean, is he lying Y/N-mphhhshs-!"

Y/N stuck out a hand over the author's mouth and muffled her voice. "Shut it."

Being the observant person he was, Arlo could catch the hurt that flashed through the heterochromatic girl's eyes for a millisecond. She huffed and turned her back to him. "I see how it is. Let's go John, don't want his precious oxygen to be stolen away by us 'useless humans."

Arlo watched silently watching the pair walk away. He himself walked the opposite direction, leaving his friend behind. Y/N..John..You both disgust me. You both have all this power yet you keep it to yourself. Always moping around when you can influence so much with your strength. You're selfish. Disgraces to society. Not only do you abandon your roles in society, you both corrupt Seraphina with your mindsets. The three of you ran away, leaving the burden all on me! Cowards.

-

"Is Miss Y/N L/N speaking?" The said girl's landlord spoke on the other end.

"Yep."

"There was a problem with the piping right outside your apartment door, and there is currently a leaking issue. The damage is minor, but it will take until tomorrow morning for it to be fixed. I was just calling to inform you, so you know. It would be best if you found another place go stay the night since the repairing process will be quite loud."

Great.

She internally groaned. "Thank you for telling me. I appreciate it."

"Sorry for the inconvenience again Miss Y/N. Please call if you ever have a problem."

As soon as the landlord hung up, Y/N turned to John. "Hey, do you mind if I crash at your place tonight? My apartment has a malfunction issue or something right now."