t h i r t y t h r e e

Zacznij od początku

"She doesn't want me to come see her but she says she's fine. I told her about the twins and that softened her for a bit but she's battling. I've been so hard on her about something she can't control and I told her I was sorry. She said she forgave me but I don't know if that was the medication. I want to see her, but the boys are so young and she doesn't want me there. She told me she needs space , so for the first time in a long time I'll believe her and I'll pray for her. She's all I have left."

"You're doing the right thing Zolee."

Hearing it was what she needed because most days she wasn't certain. D'Angelo advised her time and time again, but her heart never stopped aching. It hurt to be so distant from someone that once was the center of your universe. After her father passed , Zara was her role model. When things went left , Misa occupied two roles : parent and example.

"Thank you for saying that and thank you for checking in. It means a lot to me."

"Yes well , you're important to my son so you're important to me. Also I felt like this was a conversation we should have before Alicia arrives."

Stunned , Zolee gaped at Keisha who nodded grimly.

"She called Antonio and he asked D'Angelo when would be best. Seeing as he has to travel for an away game soon he decided he wanted her to come when he would be home. He told me about what happened concerning her too."

"So do you think I'm paranoid?"

"No , I think you're smart to protect your family , even from other members of the family."

Nodding at the response , Zolee got up and looked at Zaid who was sound asleep before walking him to a cot they'd placed in the living room. Keisha placed Zaire in it as well before they placed a blanket over the sleeping twins.

Just as Zolee finished tucking them in the door opened revealing D'Angelo who was closely followed by his aunt

Just as Zolee finished tucking them in the door opened revealing D'Angelo who was closely followed by his aunt. Striding over to his girlfriend he wrapped an arm around her waist before he kissed her cheek.

"Looks like they weren't much trouble today."

"An absolute breeze, unlike their father." Keisha teased before she looked at her former sister in law who was sharply surveying D'Angelo and Zolee's interactions "Come to see the two stars , Alicia?"

Grinning , Alicia stepped forward and surveyed the babies.

"Of course, Keisha , you know my nephew and I have always been close. I couldn't possibly not pay a visit to babies this cute, Zolee you only carried them they look just like my D'Angelo."

Smirking , Zolee picked up on the sharpness of her tone as the older woman turned to her and held out a hand which she shook. D'Angelo squeezed Zolee's waist subtly in support.

"Nice to finally meet you, amazing how it takes a baby or rather babies for people to introduce themselves to their partner's family."

Puckering her lips , Keisha bit back her words and stared at Zolee who was still composed. D'Angelo inwardly rolled his eyes at his aunt's baits before he pulled Zolee to sit down with him.